7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby erilaz » Mon May 14, 2018 5:44 pm

I agree. The later episodes need more rage. :mikihead:

I love Fenneko and Washimi. And Tsunoda is hilariously annoying in a Momochi or Ichiban Kawaii Sayumi kind of way. XD
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon May 14, 2018 6:47 pm

I've never hated (literally) every character in a show so quickly as I did watching the first episode of "Sweetbitter" on Starz.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Mon May 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been renewed, but only for 13 more episodes, so next season will probably be the last.

I was disappointed in this season's finale…

Spoiler: show
Talbot became ridiculous — "I can fix things, I'm a superhero, I just need more Gravitonium" — and thereby lost most of his dramatic weight as an antagonist. Instead, he became the MacGuffin, and the real story became the team's struggle to hold itself together.

That struggle and its resolution might have been satisfying if only the entire season hadn't already been invested in the Shattered Earth future and trying to prevent it. An existential threat like that is too big to be relegated to the B plot. It made the whole thing feel skewed. Sure, each member of the team emoted pretty much as I expected them to emote in that situation. Their character development was fine. But their character development shouldn't have been the focus of the story, not in that particular situation.

I'm also annoyed that nothing was done with the Infinity War crossover. It was explicitly referenced in the last few episodes before the finale, and more than enough time passed for you-know-what to happen, but it didn't happen. Which means Agents has diverged into an MCU-adjacent universe, unless the next Avengers movie completely retcons Infinity War so that you-know-what never happens and no one remembers it.

This season's finale was obviously written and produced with the expectation that the series would be cancelled, but also with just enough options — newly promoted characters to replace Coulson and May, a new mission to find the cryogenically frozen Fitz — to keep things going. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm interested in an Agents without Coulson. The series was literally created for that character, and so much of it depended on his wisdom and humor. Without him, they're just another bunch of tryhard superspies.

It'll be the ninth season of Scrubs all over again. :razz:
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon May 21, 2018 4:12 pm

"iZombie" is ending after one more season as well. I was sad about when I first heard, but I also haven't enjoyed it as much since
the zombie thing became public + military zone, now complete with a cult!
I end up fast forwarding through chunks of episodes these days (or just letting them roll in the background while I read), so even though I was initially sad now I'm just hoping it'll be replaced with something that will be as enjoyable as the first couple of seasons were.

On the topic, my dad and I were both bummed at how much smaller the list of our shared shows became with this round of cancelations and "just one more season" announcements. I'm not sure it'll fill back up as quickly as it did the last time this happened. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu May 24, 2018 12:45 am

Westworld:
Even though this week's episode was Shogun-ville, I didn't like the plot too much, I would rather the Bernard storyline right now. However, the one thing about the episode I absolutely loved was the insane juxtaposition of the Paint it Black :3
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu May 24, 2018 4:55 pm

Is S2 of "Westworld" even worth watching? I watched the first episode via free HBO preview over the premiere weekend, and it was the most boring thing I watched that whole week. The promise of a new location has kept me slightly interested in waiting for the eventual DVD release (or another free preview marathon), but I haven't looked in on it since then.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby rikkikow » Fri May 25, 2018 5:45 am

CaptainBerryzGiraffe wrote:Westworld:
Even though this week's episode was Shogun-ville, I didn't like the plot too much, I would rather the Bernard storyline right now. However, the one thing about the episode I absolutely loved was the insane juxtaposition of the Paint it Black :3

I'm rooting for the robots. Is that wrong?
If you can't tell the difference ...
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Panda-san! Panda-san Power! Panda -san!
rikkikow

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Fri May 25, 2018 8:14 am

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:Is S2 of "Westworld" even worth watching? I watched the first episode via free HBO preview over the premiere weekend, and it was the most boring thing I watched that whole week. The promise of a new location has kept me slightly interested in waiting for the eventual DVD release (or another free preview marathon), but I haven't looked in on it since then.

errrrr, it picks up. the first episode is a lot more about setting up what to expect, and then after that it picks up rather... quickly. The latest episode, I thought, though was a bit slow.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Celedam » Tue May 29, 2018 9:36 pm

esm wrote:Aggretsuko on Netflix is pretty amazing.

Fenneko is my spirit animal.

hahahahahahaha
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:56 am

It’s hard to believe James Gunn wrote and directed both Super (2010) and Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), because boy howdy, Super is awful. I really want to turn it off, but it expires off of Netflix tomorrow so I won’t get another chance to finish it. Maybe something amazing will happen in the last act to redeem it.

(yes, i’m playing with my iPad instead of watching the movie. that’s how bad it is.)

EDIT: I found a good capsule review: “Too real to be a comedy, too fake to be a drama.”
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project