7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby DSQueenie » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:30 pm

Speaking of Starra being a Hetalia fan has New Zealand been seen on the show? Scotland hasn't even though aparently England is Britain so maybe Scotland doesn't exist?
Last edited by DSQueenie on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I used to have a Tumblr about Idols...
DSQueenie
Acolyte

Postby esm » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:39 am

Moh wrote:
wotakubrandon wrote:I haven't seen an anime in YEARS.

Same.

I don't watch dramas, either, I think I've only finished one K-Drama and one J-Drama. :lol:

I tried watching an episode of a Taiwanese drama a while ago, and I made it through the entire episode but I just thought to myself how it's so much like something else I've seen before. I avoid K-Dramas because it seems like they're kind of all the same...? Same types of main guy and main girl.

J-Drama is a little more interesting. Haven't seen one in a long time though.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby randompasserby » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 am

I never got into newer Final Fantasy titles (anything after XII or handheld remakes&sequels) and never cared one bit about the MMOs (how can I, with shitty third world internet connections XD ? ) so I never thought I'd do much beside pointing and laughing at the terrible receptions XIV got and the subsequent development team firing and killing of the servers to rebuild anew.

It took me quite a while to stumble upon this but now I realized how wrong I was :|
[youtube]39j5v8jlndM[/youtube]
Damn you Square Enix
The song, the cinematics ... holy shit.

HOLY SHIT

I'll take more of this anytime yes please.
say... how about trying your hand on an original CG movie again and none of that Spirits Within crap this time :mikihead: ?
風のひとりごと、夢のその続き。。。
その先の空へ まだ見ぬ未来へ 胸に愛を 抱いて。。。 歩いてる
randompasserby
Devotee

Favorite Idol: ♥さゆ 一筋 ♥

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:00 am

Final Fantasy XIV was a joke. I played FFXI for 3 years and kind of expected FFXIV to be a little difficult (FFXI was... well you had to be on pretty much all the time to get anything done) but FFXIV was the exact opposite... as in there was nothing to do. Nothing. You sat there or you crafted. The game only let you do 8 quests every 36 hours, which only took about an hour. So you did nothing 90% of the time. It was pretty, VERY pretty, but it was dull and lifeless and awful.

Saying that: I got into the Alpha of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn (Now referred to as 2.0 because I'm not typing that shit over and over again) and, so far, it's done a 180. Quests are EVERYWHERE, with no set limit on how many to do. The Graphics Engine was redone and it looks even more beautiful, on top of that they stopped copy and pasting scenery and everything is unique. The controls are much much better, as is the UI (The old UI... unless you want me to get into it... it was awful, just believe me, it was terrible), and it's actually playable. The only problem I have with it at this juncture is it's a little too much like World of Warcraft. Since it was just the Alpha, I gave it a pass, because they said they only released 10% of the actual content, so I'm hoping the game doesn't play like a really really gorgeous WoW.

Seriously though, game is BEAUTIFUL.

Her'es a video I did that includes cutscenes (Using the in game graphics engine) and in game footage for the release that advertised our guild (Before we knew it was crap)
[youtube]4bWmItDdjTc[/youtube]

IT'S PRETTIER THAN THAT NOW
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby randompasserby » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:19 am

Oh I don't need more convincing on how awful XIV was. Even though I never played it, it amuses me to just lurk at gaming forums and watch the fanbase practically screaming for blood back then :lol:

As for ARR... I'm still not gonna splurge on it yet just basing on how pretty it looks and the epicness of the cinematic trailer. PSO2 is still good enough for me as an MMO time sink and it's free XD
Good for SE though I guess, it looks like ARR managed to repair at least some of their shot credibility with the MMO community. Still waiting for a new, decent console release now btw *taps finger on desk
風のひとりごと、夢のその続き。。。
その先の空へ まだ見ぬ未来へ 胸に愛を 抱いて。。。 歩いてる
randompasserby
Devotee

Favorite Idol: ♥さゆ 一筋 ♥

Postby Pavlova » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:10 pm

Well ARR is still in beta and or not even in beta yet, isn't it? I think
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:15 pm

It just got out of Alpha, they're taking Beta applications now
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Amped » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:31 am

Live Action Toy Story movie - 1 million views in one day
[youtube]5G0j_Huv2Fg[/youtube]
Amped
High Priest

Postby Moh » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:56 am

esm wrote:I avoid K-Dramas because it seems like they're kind of all the same...? Same types of main guy and main girl.

Oop, just now saw this, but yeah, that's pretty much it. :lol:
Every other one I've ever tried to finish has the main guy as an ass, second guy as the nice one, and the girl still falls for the first one. XD My reaction is always a big "NOPE".
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:09 pm

^ In my experience, you just have to search a little bit harder to find the better stuff.

Of course that also depends on exactly what kinds of shows you like anyway. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project