7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Starra » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:39 pm

^^Nah, I see them differently enough. Lucky☆Star was more wacky than Yuru Yuri and I felt YY had more lesbian undertones (not that that's a bad thing). Then again, YY isn't one of my favourites. It's decent enough, though.

Sakurako :heart: .

Lucky☆Star is one of the very few anime that I absolutely refuse to finish. I've seen 10 episodes (and the OVA), but I personally find it boring as shit. K-On! is a yawn fest, too, but I actually enjoy the characters in that one.

Also, seconding Oneechan ga Kita. It's very cute.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby JonCC » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:42 pm

Starra wrote:Lucky☆Star was more wacky than Yuru Yuri

Yuru Yuri has time-travel.... :)
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Starra » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:47 pm

Wait, where? I don't remember that XD. I meant more that YY seemed more kinda, I dunno, normal or something. L☆S had a lot more otaku fodder (not that YY didn't) from what I remember, too. Like Konata and the whole "Flat chests are a status symbol!" thing, for one example I can actually remember.

EDIT: You edited your post with a clip. I'm assuming that's from season two, which I haven't seen yet.

I'm not saying YY wasn't wacky, but it felt like a different, lower-level kind of wacky to me.

(I've only seen the first season of YY, though. I need to watch the second one some time.)

Keep in mind that I watched L☆S a few years ago, so I don't remember it that well. I could be wrong. All I know is that I hate the show :fear: .

Although, both shows do have something in common: pretty fucking great opening songs.
Starra
Prophet

Postby Mirai » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:51 am

I'm not a big fan of the slice-of-life genre in general, but I managed to get through Lucky☆Star and kinda liked it by the end. K-ON! I definitely liked more, especially the second season.
Mirai
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ai Takahashi

Postby stam4o » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:31 am

Ou yeah! Azumanga Daioh is cool. I remember reading it so many yeasr ago and it was fun :)

As for K-on!, I strongly recommend it. The characters are very good and in general it's a really fun series. Worth watching it.

And as Nayoko suggested, Nodame Cantabile for sure!!!!!! It's an absolute must-watch.
(And speaking of Honey and Clover, it's something I've got to check)

If you want to go with something different, check out Toradora!. It's not exactly a slice-of-life series, it's more like a slice-of-life and love-story mix but it's something unique and great.

You may also wanna read Yotsuba which is the other manga series of Kiyohiko Azuma (Azumanga's autor) and it's something.... totally unpredictable and fun :D
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby esm » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:30 am

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:
Starra wrote:-Hidamari Sketch (Girls with wide faces attend an art school.)
-K-On! (It's about girls eating cake and occasionally playing music.)
-Lucky☆Star (Girls talking about anime and stuff.)
I would also recommend these (even though Starra hates two of them :lol:). I enjoyed them, though I haven't completely finished with "Hidamari Sketch" just yet.

I'll recommend this too, since it has plenty of comedy:
- Gokujou Seitokai (All-girl student council hijinks. One has a puppet!)

I would also recommend trying these out, though they're far less comedy focused than something like "Azumanga":
- Nodame Cantabile (Two aspiring classical musicians through and after University.)
- Honey and Clover (Lives and relationships of a group of art school students who live in the same apartment building.)
- Candy Candy (The life of an orphan girl named Candy.)

What are Nodame Cantabile and Honey and Clover like compared to the dramas, if you seen them?

I watched the drama version of Nodame Cantabile and liked it a lot, and I had started watching Honey and Clover and somehow quit (but I doubt it's because I didn't like it).

One thing that tends to bother me about anime and some dramas based on a manga/anime is that you get some characters that aren't very realistic as characters in a fictional story, and I tend to pay more attention to characters rather than plots.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:06 pm

esm wrote:What are Nodame Cantabile and Honey and Clover like compared to the dramas, if you seen them?

I watched the drama version of Nodame Cantabile and liked it a lot, and I had started watching Honey and Clover and somehow quit (but I doubt it's because I didn't like it).

One thing that tends to bother me about anime and some dramas based on a manga/anime is that you get some characters that aren't very realistic as characters in a fictional story, and I tend to pay more attention to characters rather than plots.
I've watched almost all of the "Nodame Cantabile" drama, and all of the anime series - so I feel comfortable saying it's worth taking the time to at least look into the first few episodes of the animated version. I initially started with the animated series, and only considered the drama because I liked the characters so much and wanted to see how they translated. The sequences that go along with the music are also gorgeous, even when you can tell they've had to re-use bits of animation.

I haven't watched the live action versions of "Honey and Clover" just yet (they're on my list), but I would say the characters in the animated series are realistic enough, barring a couple of design factors.

More josei series need to be animated. :heart:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby BerryzCelebration » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:51 pm

Have you guys ever watched Negima before? It was one of my first animes (Hidamari Sketch and two other animes I forgot coming before it.), and I must say, it was good. Season 1 was okay, but Season 2, they stepped up the level of awesomeness XD.

And the drama was hilarious! I remember that AKB48 sang Happy Material.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby stam4o » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:07 pm

Negima is indeed good.
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby Starra » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:38 pm

The Negima anime is a terrible adaptation and is not representative of the manga in any way. Except for the OADs, but those adapt random chapters and don't have a cohesive storyline. And are probably confusing if you don't read the manga.

So, basically, if you're interested in Negima!: read the manga. Avoid the anime at all costs, and only watch the OADs after you've read it. There's also the pseudo sequel, UQ Holder!, which is at about 20-something chapters at the moment and is really good.

To this day I'm still pissed that Zazie was the only classmate who never got her own chapter. She was the best.
Starra
Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project