H!P Fantasy Groups/Listings/Performances

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P Performances You'd Like To See

Postby AyuHikaru » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:28 pm

Almost the same thing. Hot lights? Check. Poofy Costumes? Check. Tons of fucking make up? Double check. Singing and dancing at the same time? Absolutely.

God damn being 30 isn't being 80. If you're in shape and have experience, it's gonna be super easy to do. I'm sure Nacchi and Kei and Kaori can keep up just fine with the 13 year olds if they did Onna Ni Sachi Are. DMM is touring right now. Compared the the DMM girls I'm nothing (They pretty much perform all the time) and if I can do it a few times a month, they can certianly do it for a month and a half tour.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Celedam » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:40 pm

You're missing the point, although you came very close just now.

You say you do it a few times a month, so it should be even easier for women who do it more. But doing it more is what grinds you down. Anyone can rehearse her ass off for that one big show and make it through without killing herself. Take that show on the road, however, and things get much, much harder.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby AyuHikaru » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:47 pm

There are many pop stars in their 30's who tour all the time. We suddenly don't get old and decreptid just because there isn't a 2 in front of our age. Many of DMM are still in there 20's as well. I'm not saying they'll have the same youthfull excuberance, and may take longer to recover in between tours but that doesn't mean they can't do it with just as much professionalism and energy as any of the current Musume. It's ridiculous to think they can't keep up just because they're 30.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Postby Celedam » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Okay, go do it yourself, and then come back and tell us how easy it was.

I'm not a stage performer so I don't know exactly how it is, but in my first job out of school, I was traveling 30 weeks per year. It burned me out before the age of 25.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:36 pm

Dream MM are like teenagers, they attempt to leave the nest after graduation but always end up coming back home when unsuccessful.

I dont care if they can still perform, everything they do now is pointless to me. I dont care. also the fact that Koharu is mooching off the other OG's popularity pisses me off so much. Shes doing so much work now than shes ever done in MM besides her solo career. If just demeans and makes the current MM look worse, how low can you go UFA?
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Sohee » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:31 pm

Watching the tour and the performances DMM do these days, they run out of breath a lot and sound way too shaky way too often imo. I don't care what the reason is or if others do it better, imo they don't do as well as they used to and compared to MM they do seem quite old.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby AyuHikaru » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:56 pm

DMM has always been that way. The better singers of the group came later, 1st Gen was never that consistent in terms of singing, neither was 2nd Gen... hell neither was 4th Gen.

It's a sad state of affairs that people treat 30 year old women as past their prime and act like they need to go to the retirement home. SADDER STILL is that only 4 of them are 30 or older.

(Someone tell Namie Amuro to pack it in, she's too old to dance like that)
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Postby Sohee » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:36 am

I don't say that it's because of their age, but it shows more now than it did back when they were in the group, imo. I don't care if they're old or not, their quality of singing isn't as good as MM's despite 2/3 being new there rn. So when people go all "DMM pwns MM so much, they're so much better at singing and dancing and blablabla" it really just makes me roll my freaking eyeballs out. Because really? They aren't that much better. What they do have however, is a lot of experience of being together, inside jokes, experience before the camera and freaking huge egos.
And I say this while loving Nacchi who probably have one of the hugest egos.

As far as good singers go, imo Nacchi, Goto, Kago, Ai, Miki, Eri, Reina, Linlin have been the best ones in the group. And only one of those are in DMM now that Miki is gone. Which leads us back to that whole thing about missing a center we (me and icey?) talked about in another thread.
Sohee
Hierophant

Postby Rm88 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:23 am

I think they're noticeably better singers than current Morning Musume, at least in numbers. MM has currently only Reina and Risa as decent-to-good singers. The newbies may get better with time, but they're not reliable singers right now (with maybe the exception of Riho who has had live solo lines in TV performances and did okay).
Rm88

Postby Sohee » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:54 am

Riho is a reliable singer, imo she reminds a bit of Reina when she started out. Mizuki is definitely decent, and same goes for Aika as long as they don't put her in those cutesy songs nor the songs too hard on her (Ayaya songs for example). Kanon has insane potential, and for 10th gen I don't dare say much just yet.
DMM has more experienced singers though, but that goes without saying.
Sohee
Hierophant

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project