Switch to full style
Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more
Post a reply

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Thu May 05, 2016 1:25 pm

Denki wrote:But I guess I expected a bit too much since "35 Girls 5 Concepts" was filled with good songs to me. :s
I think I would have liked it more if the final group just had a covers mini-album for the original songs they used during the show. Those were all enjoyable on some level.

Thu May 05, 2016 2:23 pm

^ I agree, a covers mini album would've made more sense. Their one month was filled with so many cfs, photoshoots, and appearances that they should've just given them songs they already knew how to sing/dance to to some extent. That extra time could've gone into more time for song writing, so they wouldn't be in a rush to make songs.

Dream Girls sounds alright. At first it sounded a bit awkward, but giving it a few more listens, I guess you kinda get used to the odd transitions to the song style between verse and chorus. Somewhat catchy, but I definitely was expecting something different/more along the lines of the concept evaluation style songs, I didn't expect a cutesy song.
Pick Me I.O.I ver. is pretty bad, I'm sorry, but it really doesn't suit as, like, an actual song (not with that arrangement/style at least, Kang Sira's acoustic cover/ver was really nice), it's definitely more of a gimmick song.
Crush is great: awesome raps, high notes, decent line distribution, catchy, smooth transitions.
Tok Tok is pretty nice, though it's definitely something one's heard of before/somewhat generic, but it's nice hearing each girl's voice.
Haven't really given the other new song a listen.

Thu May 05, 2016 7:50 pm

I actually quite like Dream Girls. It really grows on you after awhile. The mini-album overall is okay, There's way too many midtempo songs on it though (all of the new ones are midtempo!) but we got When the Cherry Blossoms Fade finally so I'm happy. Dat harmonica intro will always get me.

Fri May 06, 2016 5:35 am

R3hab X f(AMBER+LUNA) X Xavi&Gi - Wave

Man, I could stand this song being so much longer than it is. :heart:

Sun May 08, 2016 7:05 am

An old favorite of mine, from my anime club days…

(mmm, trading nth-generation copies on VHS tapes, like real geeks.)

Tue May 10, 2016 1:38 pm

Namie Amuro - Mint -short ver.-

Tue May 10, 2016 4:36 pm

^ I'm unsure if I like the song, but glad to see Namie's still as fierce as ever!

Tue May 10, 2016 9:36 pm

Man, I'm unsure Namie can do any wrong. She just has not lost her edge at all and still produces excellent work even after all these years.

Wed May 11, 2016 3:03 am

Tiffany (from SNSD) - I just wanna dance.

Wed May 11, 2016 8:12 am

I'm loving this girl. Must be her "duck like" qualities. :notworthy:
Post a reply