6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby Moh » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:26 pm

My personal favorite is Cold Sweat. At least there's no Iggy on that. :lol: The title track is alright, too.
At any rate, I'm glad she's getting some kind of attention. Her music might be a little hit-or-miss, but she's definitely talented.

This is slowly becoming one of my favorite Marina songs:

I know her album leaked ridiculously early, but this is one I'd rather just buy when it's out.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Celedam » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:10 pm

"So this president is aware of sixth grade girls."

I'm posting this mostly because it's a good, quick explanation of who Ikuo Minewaki is, for anyone who still says "That guy? I've seen him before, but…" The Moa "MOAMETAL" Kikuchi / Sakura Gakuin connection is incidental.

Of course, known idol fans Kanako Yanagihara and Gō Yoshida are also present. If anything, Tamori is the odd man out.

Bonus points if you noticed the mug.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby TotallyUncool » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:09 am

This has been running through my head, particularly the opening lines.
I think it's my way of talking to myself about things that have been on my mind.
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Zunu » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:28 pm

Never thought KPP looked like Hamasaki Ayumi before but I see a resemblance here in certain scenes.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Moh » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:52 pm

I like that. Especially the pre-chorus parts. Sometimes I like to listen to her songs and imagine Perfume doing them. :lol:

I really like the choreo for this.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Right in the feels.

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:27 am

Going thru Takui's discog, and whoa.

Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Postby Amped » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:41 pm

Fuji TV's own idol group Idoling!!! is disbanding in October 2015. Fuji TV is also ending their TV show.
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20150 ... sports-ent
Amped
High Priest

Postby JonCC » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:13 pm

Wow... that's one of the 'big ones' calling it quits. :|
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby aerosuffly » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:06 pm

It sucks to be under Fuji TV really. :glare: They are probably the most problematic TV station in Japan at the moment.

I want to introduce one my favorite Japanese single-songwriter, Kawashima Ai. Her music is generic pop songs with a lot of piano pieces, but what set her apart is her inspirational and encouraging lyrics, her "angelic" voice although you can argue she have lost some of her voice quality, and her "story." She had her time in early 2000s, but her popularity has gone down with the decaying music industry. She has started doing a lot of live performance again after the Tohoku earthquake to regain her edges and confident, and her recent releases are good. Words are not as good as the music itself, so I am going to leave some clips here, and her profile in the spoiler at the end.

Spoiler: show
edited from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ai_Kawashima wrote:Kawashima was born and raised in Fukuoka, Japan. After her birth, her mother's health deteriorated and she died when Kawashima was only 3 years old. Because her father had been missing before she was born, she was taken to an orphanage and eventually adopted by the Kawashima family, owners of a construction company. Her foster father died when she was 10. After graduating from middle school, she moved to Tokyo. Her foster mother died when she was 16. She started playing the piano at the age of 3 and eventually began to think about a career as a singer.

Kawashima started her career as an enka singer. At around the age of 10, she performed on stage at the Carnegie Hall in New York. In 1999, she released her debut single, Juu-roku Koi Gokoro / Anata ni Kataomoi. However, the enka project was crippled by poor sales and was abandoned entirely within a few months.

After this initial failure, she began to sing her own songs on the busy street corners in Shibuya, Tokyo with a microphone and a radio cassette player. To become famous, she set herself the goal of performing 1,000 times on the street. Nobody paid attention to her songs at first, but the crowd gradually grew as she kept performing on streets and she met people who gave her support, culminating her major debut and the 2003 hit single "Asueno tobira" (Door to Tomorrow), which sold more than 900,000 copies. She sang the song as the vocalist of the duo I Wish. She has been performing solo since the duo broke up in 2005. Her second solo single, "12-ko no Kisetsu" (12 Seasons) ranked 10th on the Billboard Hits of the world, Japan. Even after her major debut, she kept performing on streets and, in 2005, she accomplished 1,000 street performances, which, according to Kawashima, became the foundation of her music.

Kawashima has devoted her time and money to a project to build schools in developing countries. 3 schools have been finished so far and her goal is to build 100 schools.

Every year since her mother's death, she has held a memorial concert on August 20.
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby AyuHikaru » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Amped wrote:Fuji TV's own idol group Idoling!!! is disbanding in October 2015. Fuji TV is also ending their TV show.
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20150 ... sports-ent

D=. This is one of the bigger idol groups. Wow. It's especially surprising because the "Idol Boom" doesn't even seem to be over yet O.o
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project