6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 6th Station ~Other Bands for H!P Fans~

Postby Moh » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:51 am

I can't watch it til later, but it should be noted that PRISTIN's mini-album is self-produced. :thumbs-up:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:14 am

Denki wrote:Jieqiong and Nayoung's main group, Pristin, has made its debut.

I had completely forgotten that a bunch of girls from Produce 101 that I liked were from Pledis. AND NOW THEY'RE ALL BACK WOOO.

I like this, it's got a Bruno Mars groove that I can get into. I think Pristin will do pretty well, they have a lot of girls from 101 who got far and Pledis is a pretty well known company.

Im Nayoung is still my spirit animal.

EDIT: Whooo the comments on that song are something else. That's the biggest reason I don't get into the Kpop fandom and only listen to the music, I always seem to have a different opinion than the Western Fandom. I really like this and everyone there seems to hate it lmao.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Moh » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:55 pm

Okay, after listening, I kinda like that song. :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Postby Denki » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:01 am

The back vocal is sooo dominant, he might as well be a featured artist. :lol:
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby boinsie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:07 am

That WEE WOO song is very reminiscent of TWICE to me. In the same way that the song has a ton of different sounding parts, the PV is also made up that way, where each girl gets their own little vignettes. I decently enjoy it, I think?
boinsie
Guru

Postby jeiwa42 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:51 am

boinsie wrote:That WEE WOO song is very reminiscent of TWICE to me. In the same way that the song has a ton of different sounding parts, the PV is also made up that way, where each girl gets their own little vignettes. I decently enjoy it, I think?

Both WEE WOO (Pristin) and Cheer Up (TWICE) had the same video production company (Naive) to produce their MV xD
The song was alright at first, with that wee woo part just stuck in my head, but then after listening it to more, it grew on me a lot and now I can play the entire song in my head lol

AyuHikaru wrote:EDIT: Whooo the comments on that song are something else. That's the biggest reason I don't get into the Kpop fandom and only listen to the music, I always seem to have a different opinion than the Western Fandom. I really like this and everyone there seems to hate it lmao.

The song gets criticism cause of the different sounding parts (saying there's too much trying to go on), as well as a lack of some climactic moment (high note, heavy break down/dance break, etc.), and how it didn't properly showcase their vocal nor rap ability despite having two main vocals, two lead vocals, and four rappers. I mean, I'm a sucker for high notes and adlibs and all, and I agree that there weren't really that much rapping in the song, but I still think the song is good and catchy as is.

However, if anyone really wanted more vocal ability and rapping, the rest of their mini album shows them off a lot. Their entire mini album is actually really good (I usually don't bother with non-title track songs), and the fan favorite seems to be either Running or the more hip hoppy song Black Widow, and I personally like Running.

Some people who didn't really like Wee Woo say that "literally any of their other songs in their mini album would've made for a better title track" lol
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby Moh » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Charisma.com - not not me

Kind of a tropical house thing going on. I'm really excited to hear the rest of the album. :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:39 pm

jeiwa42 wrote:Some people who didn't really like Wee Woo say that "literally any of their other songs in their mini album would've made for a better title track" lol
I would've thought the opposite. I think the rest of the album is pretty lackluster, "Wee Woo" was the most entertaining song to me.

I like it when groups don't stick to only one singing style. Not all songs need to be full of riffs, adlibs, and high belting (and good on them for not filling half the song with rapping, that's my biggest pet peeve with Kpop. Even one of my favorite Kpop releases so far this year lost some momentum with a rap that felt completely out of place).
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Denki » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:02 am

Honestly, "the other tracks in the album are better" is like the excuse Kpop fans make when people don't like the main track. Lol. I know people have different taste and all, but I've tried it many times and I only like 1 other song at most.

I remember when Red Velvet released The Velvet and everyone on OH was like "Cool Hot Sweet Love" is better. That song wasn't my type of style, since the it reminded me of the type of songs I hate. I grew to to like it, but I still prefer "One of These Nights"...

So yeah. I just stopped caring for those type of comments. So depending if my interest for the group isn't high enough, if I like the main track, good. If I don't, I'll just wait for their comeback. Heck, it's not even solely in the Kpop fandom. I have an aunt, cousin and niece (all around 13-18 y.o.) that would say about their favorite bg/gg releases, but I would say to myself "there is a reason why they promote a certain song." Lol
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Moh » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Girl's Day - I'll be yours (Which seems to be, so far, another polarizing KPop track. :lol: )

I personally love it. I can't wait to hear the rest of the mini.
Moh
Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project