Switch to full style
Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more
Post a reply

Re: Hello! Project Kenshuusei Thread

Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:33 am

But did they get any sleep during those three days? :fear:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:58 am

Don't need it, they're idol robots :fear:

Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:06 pm

^Nah, that's showa talk. XD

Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:35 pm

So I listened to the album (I'm still gonna buy it).

Honestly? Most of these songs sound like Tsunku wrote them forever ago and had no idea what to do with them (or decided they weren't good enough) and threw them to the side.

They're good, don't get me wrong, but they definitely sound very typical H!P-ish, which we haven't really heard in a while. I could see early Berryz singing 「Idol wa Robot」tte Shouwa no Hanashi ne for example. They're just kinda... basic? Again, it's not a bad thing.

My favourite song is definitely Table Seki Aitetemo Counter Seki, and the only song I don't really care about is 「Koishitai Sentou」but that's mainly because of the rapping :lol: (U.M.E.D.Y can't really rap).

I'm happy this album exists though and I'm glad the KSS are finally getting some exposure.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:35 am

^ I was thinking the same thing after listening to it, down to Table seki being my favourite. XD Generally, these songs could have been released by any H!P, NGP! or Tsunku-produced act. The singles, Table seki and Crying are pretty H!P. Seishun Beat wa 16 sounds very NGP!, as if it were a Rhythm Tengoku reject song. Idol wa Robot, Koishitai Shinto (really the worst song on the album), Say Hello! and Onna no Sono could have easily been made 5~10 years ago. Tsunku is definitely clearing his backlog. It's not a problem, but these songs could have been on a °C-ute album in 2007. It's actually refreshing to hear "unreleased songs" like these. :lol:
Last edited by Mixi on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:38 am

Well, I think maybe Tsunku writes many many many songs and then sorts them. (kinda like we know he writes certain songs for certain groups and then that changes, kinda like Hadaka was for Berryz but was moved...) So I'm gonna say he probably has SOOOO many songs that he will be ready to bring out when he feels they should be brought out. (Like, Towa no Uta which he said was written way before the hiatus was even talked about to him.) So, he probably looks at his put aside songs and thinks "hmmm these songs could totally work for the kenshuusei!"
...And Ai no Sono is freaking awesome.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:57 am

This album is pure perfection! The only song I am not too fond of is Idol wa Robot tte Showa no Hanashi ne but I am sure I will grow to love it!
Say! Hello!, Onna no Sono, Table Seki Aitetemo Counter Seki and Koi Shitai Shintō are my top songs on the album though!

Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:55 am

Onna no Sono and Table Seki are definately my favorite songs from the album.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:08 am

Colorcoding the album is going to be difficult Im sure

Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:15 am

so many colors!
Post a reply