H!P Kenshuusei Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P Kenshuusei Thread - 6 new members!

Postby BerryzCelebration » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:22 am

Exactly why I would be perfect for the job lol.

I think they've been really strict on who they hired becsuse of how S/mileage was treated up until their renewal as ANGERME. I remember there was this one shitty manager who shit talked S/mileage on twitter and apparently took a sick day just to get away from them. It was all really bad. The girls do deserve better, I can't imagine current KSS / members being able to handle that kind of treatment. Graduations would be more often for the sensitive girls.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Denki » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:25 am

Yeah, Stou is the best example of a shitty manager. Girl didn't liked that she went from MM's manager to S/mileage's, even though MM ended up having a hit w/o her ass. ^^; And their new manager S/mileage had after Stou got fired was better anyways. 2013 ended up being a great year for S/mileage (Daily #1 with Tachidachi and the success of Yattaruchan and Ee Ka?!)
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Amped » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:39 am

I certainly don't want to see a manager who has a shitty attitude towards certain people and always makes snarky remarks
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby coconuts » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:56 am

Shoujo Q wrote:That feels odd they would throw her into the Kenshuusei only to drop her into Musume a few months later. I think I'd rather see her in a new group considering her age and take some of the older girls with her. But I wouldn't be bummed or upset if she got thrown into Musume.

I'm interested in hearing about the other girls.

I don't think it would be odd. Aikawa Maho and Yanagawa Nanami were both added to groups in less than a year of being a Kenshuusei. Kawamura Ayano already has some experience, so I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up somewhere before this year ends.
coconuts
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: あーりー, はーちん

Postby Celedam » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:04 am

When I said Up-Front is stretched thin, I wasn't only thinking about the management. I was also thinking about the fan base, which has plateaued or even declined a bit over the last couple of years. Every new group runs the risk of fighting for the same fans rather than attracting new ones.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby forgetmenots » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:33 am

^I actually think this is why they're adding KSS to existing groups so much now instead of making any new groups. There are so many groups in H!P right now, I couldn't even begin to think of how wota could accommodate another one. I mean I'm overwhelmed at the current amount to be honest.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Starra » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:11 pm

They've had many groups (+ soloists) in the past, though. Like, around 16 acts :lol:. That's including all the ones that didn't release anything (Coconuts & Country were still considered "units") but 7 groups is nothing, tbh.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby forgetmenots » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:07 pm

I do think there's a huge difference though between 7 (8 with KSS which have their own music and concerts) very active, independent and permanently established groups and 16 groups that includes temporary groups, groups consisting of girls already in other groups, inactive groups and solo acts which don't require as much work comparatively.

But also when they had that many things going on they were in their heyday and I assume had more manpower.

Saying that, I miss those days of constant crossover groups ):
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:06 pm

Yes!! I really like Ayano. Didn't know she was 17 though. Makes me a bit worried for her, but hopefully she'll debut!
As much as I like her I don't want to set my expectations high and think she'll debut straight away just because I don't want to become disappointed.

She was trending sort of on twitter yesterday which was cool! She seems to be very popular.

Ideal group: Tsubaki Factory
Own group: Ayano, Reina, Kokoro, Ruru
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Starra » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:15 pm

^^That is indeed true. It's pretty different.

If one doesn't count soloists and temporary units (but does count subgroups), they've had more than 7 groups at once before. Granted, it was a while ago...
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project