H!P Kenshuusei Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Hello! Project Kenshuusei Thread

Postby Mixi » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:14 am

As someone with poor teeth, I must admit it makes me a bit sad that she felt the need to have straight teeth. The widespread obsession over perfect teeth is completely terrible. I've been subjected to so much pressure to get them fixed myself as a teen, and even today, I get asked if I'll "finally" fix them. Other people's judgmental comments are worse than having crooked teeth on self-esteem as far as I'm concerned. Ichioka had worse teeth than me and she's an idol; I guess she felt pressure coming from the industry. Maybe she had a medical condition (I know my teeth are more prone to cavities, for instance), but I believe this was a purely cosmetic issue. Just like with Risako and Tsuji before her, I wonder if this was her own decision.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby JonCC » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:17 am

Mixi wrote:Ichioka had worse teeth than me and she's an idol; I guess she felt pressure coming from the industry. Maybe she had a medical condition (I know my teeth are more prone to cavities, for instance), but I believe this was a purely cosmetic issue. Just like with Risako and Tsuji before her, I wonder if this was her own decision.

This is Japan though, the land of Yaeba.
Idols like Airi, Haruka and Meimi have turned their unconventional teeth into a charm point.
You'd think Ichioka would not have had them fixed.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby coconuts » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:32 am

I thought "yaeba" referred to the upper fangs and not the front teeth. Funaki also fixed her front tooth when she joined kenshuusei.
Last edited by coconuts on Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coconuts
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: あーりー, はーちん

Postby PikoAshy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:48 am

Mixi wrote:As someone with poor teeth, I must admit it makes me a bit sad that she felt the need to have straight teeth. The widespread obsession over perfect teeth is completely terrible. I've been subjected to so much pressure to get them fixed myself as a teen, and even today, I get asked if I'll "finally" fix them. Other people's judgmental comments are worse than having crooked teeth on self-esteem as far as I'm concerned. Ichioka had worse teeth than me and she's an idol; I guess she felt pressure coming from the industry. Maybe she had a medical condition (I know my teeth are more prone to cavities, for instance), but I believe this was a purely cosmetic issue. Just like with Risako and Tsuji before her, I wonder if this was her own decision.

Some people can handle the pressure and some can't :/ I know if I had a chance to fix my teeth I would in a heartbeat
PikoAshy
Acolyte

Postby BerryzCelebration » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:42 am

PikoAshy wrote:Ah as someone with poor teeth I can totally sympathize with her. ;____; I am so happy for icchan <3

I totally agree, some of my bottom teeth are crooked.

Whether it's considered a charm point or not, some people don't like it and may feel less confident about themselves because of it.

Also, I noticed a few times where she would kind of try to hide her teeth, but I'm not sure.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Jessi » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:56 am

I had very crooked teeth and I got them fixed as well.It wasn't to live up to societies standards or anything, but more like its difficult to brush when so many of them are crooked and it bothered me to have one tooth from my top row behind my bottom row and things like that. They aren't perfect now, but they are so much better. I think a person can want to fix their teeth for themselves and it not be an issue of self esteem.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Shoujo Q » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:19 am

Might be just me but when the trainees start primping themselves during auditions for major groups (morning musume) I always assume they are still in the auditions. But that's purely a tinfoil hat theory.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby BerryzCelebration » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:33 am

+Kyu wrote:Might be just me but when the trainees start primping themselves during auditions for major groups (morning musume) I always assume they are still in the auditions. But that's purely a tinfoil hat theory.

Well she did get a hairtcut :mikihead: .
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Amped » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:40 pm

new Kenshuusei blog entries 8/9~8/10
http://www.up-fc.jp/helloproject/member ... tour_blog/
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:38 am

today, Kenshuusei Nama Tamago show September rehearsals. 24 of 26 Kenshuusei, you can confirm the two who are gone. (Kurumi, Oura)

http://ameblo.jp/furitsukeyakabuki-mon/ ... 43307.html
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project