H!P Trivia thread!

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P Trivia thread!

Postby Spaghetti-Western » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:25 pm

Cool stats :D

Nobody is at 155cm? Seems suspicious. Is 155 or 55 an unlucky number in Japan perhaps?

"H!P70"

^ Bonsie, why?
Spaghetti-Western
Acolyte

Postby boinsie » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:05 pm

Sooo many polls for H!PS... :wacko:
boinsie
Guru

Postby Zunu » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:44 am

erilaz wrote:^ I haven't been keeping up with all this stuff, but since a number of H!P girls have gone to New Zealand to study English, have there been any videos where any of them are speaking with a full-on Kiwi accent? Because that would be awesome.

I don't think any of the grads who have gone to NZ have stayed there long enough, or become fluent enough, to even have an unscripted conversation. There is of course Rihoriho, who went to the US and can speak in an almost flawless general American accent

skip to 9:27, also various points thereafter

Here's a video talking (in robo-Japanese) about the state of current H!P members and their English fluency:

For reference, I think we've seen these videos before -- but here's Miki and Ichika:

and Miki by herself, reacted to by some whimsically mustachio'd gaikokujin

and Marine-chan

and as for Panda, I think we can basically write her off, since she sang in "English" way back when, but at best she's just approximating English articulation. I don't think there's any more to it than that.

Bonus scene with Chel and the gang

Of course if you want to stretch H!P girl to any idol group, and Kiwi accent to any localized accent in any language which I'm sure you don't :whistling: then I've mentioned ex-AKB Iriyama Anna several times I think, who speaks Spanish with an unmistakable Mexican accent after living there many years.

Edit boins indirectly pointed out that I left out Aika. I didn't forget about her entirely, it's just that in the video that popped up after searching, for some reason I thought she wasn't speaking English when I initially clicked on it. But she was after all. So, gomenne Aika-chan:

tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Shoujo Q » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:53 am

After the Tsubaki graduations I started to build this list. Now that Mizuki's graduated, I can share it.

Some of the OGs were a little hard to track down since I haven't seen a lot of the older concerts. So, if I'm missing anyone or the songs are off, let me know.

List of Graduation Songs in Hello!Project
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Ayin » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:30 am

You didnt list Yamaki and Ozeki from Coutnry Girls - I assume they had a song with the rest of the group before it disbanded even if the other two (Morito and Funaki) were on other groups

I also didn't know the Ogata Haruna had sang Namida Tomaranai Houkago. I just went to watch the song (video available on youtube) and well she could sing even if she was one of the weaker ones, shes maybe a bit like Konno and I guess thats why that song suited her, well both of them
Ayin
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Sengoku Minami

Postby Shoujo Q » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:19 pm

^ I fixed it. Though it really could have been either Kimama na Kataomoi, Idol Sotsugyou Chuuijikou or VIVA!! Barairo no Jinsei. I went with the song they came out to after their costume change. And it was the same song that Yanagawa Nanami sang at her graduation.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Postby Ayin » Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:56 am

Do you plan on doing for other groups like Coconuts and Country Musume, Melon Kinenbi, V-u-den, T&C and so on... Or do you want it to stick to those groups only?

I know some groups didn't really had a graduation concert and some were part of the Elder Club concert (if my memory is good) and I even know some of the oldest groups had members leave in a blink - with Country Musume having the most unfortunate one

But I dont' know, it feels like it would be more complete with those other groups

Not talking about sub-units and such, just main groups
Ayin
Senior Initiate

Postby Shoujo Q » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:39 am

Some groups never had graduation concerts. They just stopped performing. The older groups may be a bit harder to track down. But if they had a graduation concert, I’ll add the songs they sang.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Postby Ayin » Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:55 pm

Shoujo Q wrote:Some groups never had graduation concerts.

Yeah that's what I thought, I don't actually know much of that time since I got around Platinum Era of Morning Musume, or actually around the time Berryz did the endings for Inazuma Eleven - cause that show was what led me to H!P - but back then I only noticed Berryz and ºC-ute
Ayin
Senior Initiate

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:10 pm

boinsie wrote:Sooo many polls for H!PS... :wacko:

72 members now (minus Uemuu) unless Tsubaki and KSU23 adds or if we have more grads before July (I’m expecting the grad rush isn’t finished for Momusu just yet, and Biyo is now at that point that they’ve been around long enough even Reina may consider graduation)
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project