Up Up Girls(仮) / UUG(2) / UUG(Pro Wres)

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Up Up Girls / UFZS thread

Postby Denki » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:53 pm

Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Amped » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:45 am

so those are the finalists?

no Kenshuusei is disappointing

at the end watch Saho Akari attempt to rip up the Up Up Girls new book in half with her bare hands.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:17 pm

#29 (Rino) was the instant winner for me, without even considering her English skills. She kind of resembles a older version of Shimamura Uta crossed with YouTube's Anna Akana.
I was also very impressed with #17, and maybe #71 with her cool, anti-idol vibe.
#25 and #66 were cute but not UUG material I think.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:18 pm

#17 is Aoyagi from the second generation S/mileage audition. If she gets in, every candidate from the final round of that audition will have been under Up-Front in some capacity with the majority becoming part of a group. :lol: Heck, if she makes it through, I'm pretty sure all except one girl (Team Syachihoko's Ito Chiyuri) from the third round of that audition will have been part of the company in some way.
---- ---- ---- ----

Running on first impressions I'm keeping an eye on 14, 17, 29, 56, and 83.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Denki » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:43 pm

Maachan (#30) was an insta win for me. :lol: As well as Mayuhokki (#57). Coincidentally, they were the tallest of the bunch.

Other than Gucchi (#37) or Kajii (#71), I'm okay with the rest joining the group or the new unit, whatever they plan to do. Tbh, I wasn't expecting many cute girls, so this is a surpise. :hehe:

Spoiler: show
Although it shouldn't. A couple of them are either current or former ex-local idols. Being a local idol is more of a hobby than a job. UUG is a step forward and UF is a good company to join since they care about their idols.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Shabranikuduu » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:43 pm

I was reading Aoyagi's twitter last night and apparently she was supposed to join the KSS in 2011, she even took part in a few lessons, but due to an exam decided not to (not too sure about this part) and it's bothered her ever since. (https://twitter.com/momoka__aoyagi/stat ... 1313052672)
Shabranikuduu
Acolyte

Postby Celedam » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:12 am

I don't see any link to the actual announcement of the finalists, so here it is…

http://ameblo.jp/upfront-girls-news/entry-12244106824.html

---

Also, audition PR videos…

No. 14: "Rikko"

No. 25: "Nacchan"

No. 58: "Chinacchan"

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:52 am

So are the winners from this going to be a second generation, or a sister group? The wording in this thread so far, seems to be leaning towards a gen 2.

Overall, I like all of the girls and wish we could fold them all into the group or KSS or something. But I know that is unreasonable lol. If the girls end up being part of a second generation, then I don't see them taking more than maybe 4? And in that case my top 4 picks would be Maachan (#30), Rino (#29), Gucchi (#37) and Nonchan (#66). Maachan is so well rounded, and speaks and sings so clearly. Gucchi has the great foundation to be a good comedic idol, she has no shame lol and doesn't mind being embarassing. She'd do great on variety. Rino is gorgeous, and why not have another English speaker on our hands. And finally Nonchan just has something about her. It reminds me of nugu Acchan, or something. She's got it, imo. And she's tragic so you want to root for her lmao. I can see why some would feel that she doesn't suit the UUG image, but I feel like Azusa was a bit meek at first too, and is great now.

If it's going to be a sister group of about 7-8 members, then in addition to the previously mentioned 4, I'd love to also take in Mokamoka #17 (because I love redemption for failed auditionees), Chinachan #58 since she sings well and the group would need that, RenRen #59 (for tragic pt. 2, who could potentially blossom into a Kojiharu type) and finally Riko #14 or Maru #56, to round out the singing/performance element.
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:19 pm

Last I read nobody knows and they haven't specified. If it was mentioned in the broadcast, talk of it wasn't translated to English.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project