The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Amped » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:29 pm

The wota of Hello Wota Station conducted their own "Hello Pro Fantasy Draft" and built their own Hello Pro dream teams. They went through 9 rounds. Wota select their H!P members in the draft. They keep that member if no other wota chose them. If any members are selected by the same wota, they do a random draw. The winner drafts that H!P member. The other wota then have to select someone else. The wota can choose to stop drafting anymore. At the end, the wota pick the H!P song they want their selected members to sing.
Amped
Priest

Postby resop2 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:19 am

^
I wonder where I have heard this idea before ...
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Amped » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:50 am

During the Waseda University festival earlier this month, the Waseda Morning Musume research club properly gave away extra CDs for free (donated by H!P wota)

Waseda Bakuon 2017 : Morning Musume club
https://www.youtube.com/user/mazdatube/videos
Amped
Priest

Postby otaku_blue » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:27 am

Man I really wish UFP would turn down the sexualisation of the younger girls. Maria, Funaki and Nanami are all so young and its just way too weird how they keep making them do more mature concepts and gravure. Its just weird.
otaku_blue
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:46 am

I wish AKB would have more dignity and stop wearing lingerie on the front cover of every magazine. That way I could feel comfortable again buying a magazine when Morning Musume is in it.
Last edited by Amped on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
Priest

Postby torchsnow » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:33 am

I wish some people would stop being so scared of sex.
torchsnow
Senior Initiate

Postby resop2 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:55 am

Amped wrote:I wish AKB would have more dignity and stop wearing lingerie on the front cover of every magazine. That way I could feel comfortable again buying a magazine when Morning Musume is in it.

Would you feel better if they wore swimsuits?
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Shoujo Q » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:19 am

I wish they would bring back some photographers that were more about the art of the photobook and not just throwing the idols into hotel rooms and on the beach and calling it a photobook. Give me the fun costumes and field of flowers and interesting shots. They are few and far between now.
Shoujo Q

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:28 am

torchsnow wrote:I wish some people would stop being so scared of sex.

nah, I think o-b is just saying that they're still very very young and it's just feeding on pedophilia ...
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby torchsnow » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:00 am

CaptainBerryzGiraffe wrote:nah, I think o-b is just saying that they're still very very young and it's just feeding on pedophilia ...

Yeah, nothing screams "psychiatric disorder" louder than the act of finding 15-year old girls (16 in the case of Maria) attractive. Everyone knows that people only turn sexually attractive the very day they turn 18 (or 21, or whatever your country/religion says...)
torchsnow
Senior Initiate

Postby Celedam » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:47 am

If they’re sexually mature, it’s not pedophilia. It’s not even hebephilia. Please learn what those terms actually mean and use them properly. Don't contribute to the hysteria.

It might still be inappropriate according to the social norms of your country or culture, but it’s not a mental disorder. Not even close.

Remember the argument we had over the possibility of Momohime joining MM as part of the 13th Gen?

viewtopic.php?p=216144#p216144

That was about pedophilia.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Starra » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:55 pm

Heh, reminds me of the Tumblr users who think shipping a 19 year old character with a 16 year old character is pedophilia. People seem to use it as a catch-all word for "underage" and not really understand that it means something very specific.

otaku_blue wrote:Man I really wish UFP would turn down the sexualisation of the younger girls. Maria, Funaki and Nanami are all so young and its just way too weird how they keep making them do more mature concepts and gravure. Its just weird.

...They're 15/16, and honestly they're really not that bad. It's not like they're 12 and in bikinis or whatever. H!P gravure is pretty tame in comparison to what else is out there.
♡中澤裕子・紺野あさ美・萩原舞・尾形春水・金澤朋子・田村芽実・梁川奈々美・加賀楓・上國料萌衣・清野桃々姫・山﨑愛生・鞘師里保・須藤茉麻♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:56 pm

Bikinis aside, it would be fun to see more interesting photographers once in a while. People with bolder styles could be interesting. Bring back the woman that shot Sayuminglandoll.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devotee

Postby Starra » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:04 pm

That I can definitely agree with. I can enjoy tasteful swimsuit shots (also gravure in and of itself isn't a bad thing lol) but I get tired of them after a while. I'd love to see more lolita fashion, but I understand that those clothes are super expensive :lol:. More traditional outfits would be cool too.
♡中澤裕子・紺野あさ美・萩原舞・尾形春水・金澤朋子・田村芽実・梁川奈々美・加賀楓・上國料萌衣・清野桃々姫・山﨑愛生・鞘師里保・須藤茉麻♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby AyuHikaru » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:30 pm

Anyone under the age of 18 shouldn't be doing lingerie shots period, but I've never seen UFA have them do that.

I'm uncomfortable with anyone under the age of 15 doing bikini shots and after a few girls completely stopped doing photobooks once they got older enough to make that decision themselves I feel like some are pushed into it because of their popularity. It's easy to manipulate children, hell it's easy to manipulate teenagers. After about 15+ they've mostly hit puberty and can at least understand what a photobook is for and who they are catering to, I may not like the age but as long as it's not sexually charged, it's really up to them.

I said it before and I'll say it again, they literally do not care about "age appropriate". Whoever is popular is going to get a photobook regardless of how old they are.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:44 am

torchsnow wrote:Yeah, nothing screams "psychiatric disorder" louder than the act of finding 15-year old girls (16 in the case of Maria) attractive. Everyone knows that people only turn sexually attractive the very day they turn 18 (or 21, or whatever your country/religion says...)

I'm not saying people don't get sexually mature until they are 18, just that around that age, people start becoming more mentally mature. A 13 or 15 year old with a fully matured body may in future years realize what a swimsuit photobook usually implies or why many (specifically male) people buy them, and in those older years would not want that. Younger children usually do not care or understand, and it will affect them in future years. It's not about "the day they turn 18," because I'm fine with something like that when they're 17, and sometimes depending on the person, 16. It's more about "do they realize what it means," which for the most part is probably no.
Also, I'm not talking about a regular ol' photobook that also has some swimsuit shots, I'm talking about *certain* ones where like, more than half the photobook is swimsuits.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby torchsnow » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:19 am

CaptainBerryzGiraffe wrote:I'm not saying people don't get sexually mature until they are 18, just that around that age, people start becoming more mentally mature. A 13 or 15 year old with a fully matured body may in future years realize what a swimsuit photobook usually implies or why many (specifically male) people buy them, and in those older years would not want that.

Haha, yeah, I didn't know anything about m*****bation until I was 18... Luckily, all the knowledge magically appeared in my brain when I turned 18.

So you're OK with 13 year old girls giving handshakes to sweaty old men in exchange of money, sensually dancing in tight and revealing outfits in front of other men, singing about relationships that they're not even allowed to have, etc. etc.

You're only worried about the psychological damage they'll have to endure once they receive the holy knowledge of the hidden motivation behind the swimsuit shoots? OK...

I'd be way more worried about something like this:
Child labour refers to the employment of children in any work that deprives children of their childhood, interferes with their ability to attend regular school, and that is mentally, physically, socially or morally dangerous and harmful.

But I guess no one cares about that in the idol world... Only sex is bad.
Last edited by torchsnow on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
torchsnow
Senior Initiate

Postby resop2 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:01 am

^
If you think that being a teen idol singer is harmful child labor then why are you here?
resop2
Skeptic

Postby torchsnow » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:25 am

resop2 wrote:^
If you think that being a teen idol singer is harmful child labor then why are you here?

The same reason why those who think sex is harmful are here, I guess.

I try to enjoy the things I like (fun music and cute girls) while trying to ignore the things I don't like...
torchsnow
Senior Initiate

Postby Moh » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:56 am

Can y'all try to cool it down or something? :|
Moh
Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project