The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:39 pm

otaku_blue wrote:Man if they knew about this and she's really not suffering from anxiety then I'm going to be really disappointed in them for using that as a cover :/

Especially since people were just praising UF the other day this is just so disappointing.

I'm not disappointed that she has a boyfriend. I'm just shocked that we're about to get a 6-nin KF.
Aren't you overreacting a little? I doubt they'd do something so impactful as to remove her entirely for almost a month (or forever) just over this. There's no reason to believe her specifically named medical issue was fake. Nevermind that reprimanding her in public for something the public didn't even know about is like a thief yelling about stealing as they're walking out of the store.

I don't see any reason yet to believe they'll do things differently to what they've been doing with males/boyfriends lately; ignore it or acknowledge, apologize, move on.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devotee

Postby Celedam » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Y'know, whipping ourselves into a frenzy over imagined crimes and punishments, based on a couple of apparently unconnected data points, is just another kind of rumormongering. If something happens, it happens, but this almost eager anticipation for something to happen is... not good.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:19 pm

I don't mean to sound dramatic, it's just because we've had a case where they've used a medical excuse as a cover-up before that her reason for hiatus now doesn't seem as legitimate.

I know in recent especially for C-ute's case they just kind of ignored it but that's kind of debatable considering the timing of their disbanding and Maimai's decision to retire. She could've easily continued in M-line but the initial backlash is harsh and hard to come back from. I think if anything the girls that have managed to survive from "scandals" were only center girls (Miya, Airi). So now that these pictures have leaked it doesn't exactly seem likely that she'll be coming back soon or at least she might have a very prolonged hiatus and probably not come back because of the pressure (and actual anxiety).

I get what you guys are saying though that we don't know what the outcome of this situation is yet since they might not have known about this beforehand.
otaku_blue
Devoted Devotee

Postby Starra » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:59 pm

Lol, please. Maimai didn't want to continue. There's no underlying reason for it and it's not because of the boyfriend thing since UF doesn't give a shit. She's said in interviews that she felt like she didn't belong and that she knew she wasn't popular enough to continue being in showbiz post-℃-ute. That, and she's done it since she was 6. Girl just wanted a break and she deserves one.

Her wanting to leave is probably one of the main reasons ℃-ute disbanded. She wanted to move on. We don't need to post bullshit rumours when she's pretty much said everything herself. Maybe she did/does have a boyfriend, and in which case, that's great. I'm not surprised at all. But if you honestly think that that's the main/only reason why she didn't want to continue post-℃-ute then that's just silly.

You don't need to try and find hidden reasons for everything, dude.
♡中澤裕子・紺野あさ美・萩原舞・尾形春水・金澤朋子・田村芽実・梁川奈々美・加賀楓・上國料萌衣・清野桃々姫・山﨑愛生・鞘師里保・須藤茉麻♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Celedam » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:10 pm

^ Indeed.

This is all so much easier to deal with if you simply remember that idols are real people and being an idol is simply a job. The nature of the job might make it seem bigger or more fantastic than that, but it's still a job like yours or mine. Idols have meetings, idols pay taxes, idols take sick days, idols complain about who left dirty dishes in the sink. (Thanks to the DVD magazines, we've actually seen a lot of this.) So it shouldn't be so shocking or awful when we see that some idols are great at their jobs and some are not, because again, idols are real people.

EDIT: I feel like I've covered all of this before, in detail. Oh yeah...

viewtopic.php?p=93379#p93379
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:37 pm

^^
I still think that the timing of their announcement still seems like her scandal at least brought the disbandment/future plans topic to the table. Maimai wanted to leave numerous times but she still loved being in the group. I think her scandal and the group stagnating led towards their disbandment, but that's just my own perspective on things.
otaku_blue
Devoted Devotee

Postby Starra » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:41 pm

No? The timing of the announcement would've had to do with contracts. It's also to do with age, now that Maimai's an adult. She also finally found something she wanted to do, which she probably didn't have before.

Why can't you just accept that she wanted to do something else? The girls don't need to stay in H!P/UF forever and it shouldn't be so hard to grasp the fact that she'd had enough.

Given that the official response was just the generic "he was a friend/relative" thing, I doubt UF cared. I doubt Maimai actually cared that much. And I also doubt that she's the only ℃-ute member with a boyfriend, so it seems unlikely to me that the other girls would've been that harsh on her. Only 2ch actually gave a shit, but they make a huge deal out of everything and they hate everyone regardless.
Starra
Prophet

Postby AyuHikaru » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:17 am

Maimai was basically just the Risako of C-ute. Maimai and Risako were both done wayyy before disbandment and they both wanted to move on. The most logical thing is when it was time to renew their contracts, because some girls were finished with the idol world (Not unhappy just finished) and their age, they probably just decided it was time to not renew. Maimai and Risako did their due diligance and stuck around long after they wanted to, for the good of the group, and like Risako, Maimai wants to walk in a different direction.

No scandal involved here.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Starra » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Also I think I remember them saying that they'd been talking about disbandment for a while, and what brought it up was the Saitama Super Arena concert being offered to them.
Starra
Prophet

Postby Menno » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:11 pm

New large concert venue to open in Yokohama Minato Mirai in 2020.

http://corporate.pia.jp/news/files/pia_ ... 170720.pdf

Operator: Pia Corporation (main business: concert ticketing, planning, operation)
Capacity: 10.000
Opening: Spring 2020

Menno
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ayacho

Postby 321BreakinOut » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:57 am

AyuHikaru wrote:Maimai was basically just the Risako of C-ute. Maimai and Risako were both done wayyy before disbandment and they both wanted to move on. The most logical thing is when it was time to renew their contracts, because some girls were finished with the idol world (Not unhappy just finished) and their age, they probably just decided it was time to not renew. Maimai and Risako did their due diligance and stuck around long after they wanted to, for the good of the group, and like Risako, Maimai wants to walk in a different direction.

No scandal involved here.

I've said this so many times for myself his is why I never really gravitated towards Mai and only Risako towards the end of their run
321BreakinOut
Devoted Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:45 pm

I did a summary of J=J's lives last year to see just how much they worked.

Spoiler: show
Hello! Project 2016 WINTER ~DANCING! SINGING! EXCITING!~ // 21 shows 1/2 ~ 2/20
Hello! Project Hina Fest 2016 // 4 shows // 3/19 ~ 3/20
Hello! Project 2016 SUMMER // 20 shows // 7/16 ~ 9/3
Hello! Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2016 ~GOOD BYE & HELLO! // 2 shows // 12/31

Juice=Juice LIVE MISSION 220 ~Code2→NEXT to YOU~ // 26 shows // 1/12 ~ 3/27
Juice=Juice LIVE MISSION 220 ~Code3→Growing!~ //46 shows // 2/4 ~ 7/3
Juice=Juice LIVE MISSION 220 ~Code3 Special→Growing Up!~ // 12 shows // 4/16 ~ 6/5
Juice=Juice LIVE MISSION 220 ~Last Code→Full Squeeze!~ // 43 shows // 7/14 ~ 10/29
Juice=Juice LIVE MISSION 220 ~Special Code→J=J Day 2016~ // 4 shows // 10/8 ~ 10/10
Juice=Juice LIVE MISSION FINAL at Nippon Budokan 11/7

Hello Project Concerts: 47
J=J Concerts: 131
Total: 178

In comparison, C-ute in 2015* had about 63 concerts (including naruchika, otodama sea).
*a year not impacted by their disbanding announcement

I feel like 131 shows plus all the other events that they do to promote singles too is a lot. I know they had a busy year trying to achieve their mission, but was it really necessary? Even now they're still doing a lot of shows and the world tour is going to be very physically exhausting. Despite their hard-work they don't even have some level of mainstream recognition and they also don't have any tie to Hello Project's previous glory to benefit them either.
otaku_blue
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:42 pm

Idol Renaissance member Nomoto Yumeka posted a video of her Juice=Juice Hadaka no Hadaka no Hadaka no KISS dance cover, Miyamoto Karin's part.
https://twitter.com/idolrenaissance/sta ... 6714120192
Amped
Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:09 pm

a Wada Ayaka name appears in the trailer cast credits for a TV documentary special on Nihon TV called "We Love Television?" airs 11/3

trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqgVGLpbeQA

Could be a different Wada Ayaka. It doesn't say Angerme next to her name.

probably related to this old clip from 2011 with Wada Ayaka
Amped
Priest

Postby Celedam » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:03 am

My pointless musing of the day: Chisaki is the new smallest member of MM and probably will be for a while. I realized it while watching their dance lesson in the latest episode of HaroSute, when I saw that she's even smaller than Reina. The eye-level camera angle, focused on Chisaki, made it very clear.

It wasn't long ago that we were marveling at how Reina is smaller than Ayumi.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Shoujo Q » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:32 am

Chisaki's height is at 149, Reina being around 152 last I checked. All the members of Country Girls are rather tiny. Probably to compensate for Momoko being small and not overshadowing her or something.
Shoujo Q

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Celedam » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:50 am

Of course now I get the double-meaning of "Chiichan". Duh.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:36 am

Amped
Priest

Postby boinsie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:59 am

!!
Wow! She is teensy.
Does this mean that Yamaki isn't actually tall???

Country Girls fooled me. :o :o
boinsie
Guru

Postby resop2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:59 am

Now I want Chisaki and Honey to do the high joining hands spot (most recently done by Yurina and Momoko).
resop2
Skeptic

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project