The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Sohee » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:52 pm

I don't keep track of what ranking counts what anymore, but can we please at least take into consideration that Tsubaki's latest single had six versions (making somewhat 13k per version) and Kobushi's had four (8250 or so per version)? Not to mention Tsubaki were promoting their single ever since before they won their award in December last year and they kept doing so for quite a while after it was released in February as well.

And no, I'm not saying that Tsubaki aren't worthy of success or whatever, they totally are. But the gap between the two is hardly one of "omg 80k vs 33k omg" but rather one of "omg 13 vs 8" which is definitely not as bad.

Managing to sell about as much as they did before the melt down, I'd say Kobushi are stronger now than they were before. And like someone said, having the dramatic story now, they probably will get some new fans too so. If anything, rather than worried about Kobushi "not doing as good as Tsubaki", I'm impressed by Tsubaki doing so well so soon, good for them.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby aerosuffly » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:20 pm

^ I remember our conversation from a few years ago, and you were surprised that I was cheering for Tsubaki. It seems like that is still puzzling you. :)
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:51 pm

A bit disappointed Hinafest units aren't even getting special concert outfits this year. But maybe the budget for that went to the 20th anniversary acts? But still kinda disappointed with that.

Can they bring back unique concert outfits please? Even if they were ugly, they were fun and much more memorable than just constant casual clothes.
otaku_blue
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:43 am

My pointless musing of the day: Rei Inoue really has an Airi vibe going these days.

If we go with the latest thinking that Tsubaki is the new Berryz and Kobushi is the new ℃-ute (which is switched from before), then…

Yajima -> Hamaura
Nakajima -> Nomura
Suzuki -> Inoue
Okai -> Hirose
Hagiwara -> Wada

Of course this is not exact, and of course it's unfair to current members to compare them to past members like this, but this is what I'm musing. And I'm musing this because I sincerely hope Kobushi can endure like ℃-ute to become a more cohesive and elite unit. Large units that regularly turn over members are fine, but we still need units like ℃-ute.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Jessi » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:23 am

^
I think if Kobushi can make it through this period they have all the talent to be a group like C-ute. They are a vocal powerhouse just like C-ute was. I'm really hopeful for it.

I'd probably switch Nomura and Hamaura (Nakajima > Hamaura and Nomura > Maimi ? ) but its a tough call.

I'm also totally into Tsubaki being the new (of course their own group and not exactly) Berryz. Berryz had a lot more variety and I feel Tsubaki is very versatile. They also share this cohesive in-cohesiveness (Girls of different heights, characters, styles that somehow come together well because of the good chemistry between the girls) which I also think works for them.

They also have a uniqueness that's all their own though. While initially I felt meh towards the group, I think they've become endearing as a group that didn't have as strong of a start as Kobushi and Country Girls did at debut, but made you want to cheer them on and have thus overcome that and have become successful. I didn't get that same sense with Berryz (Maybe its more C-ute?), but either way hats off to them. Whatever they are doing is working! Their singles are still hit and miss for me, but I have nothing but love for them.
Hooooollllddddddd me... what ever lies beyond this mooooorrrrrrrrnnnnnniiiiinnngggg...
Jessi

Favorite Idol: Sakura, Masaki, Miki

Postby Celedam » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:57 am

Jessi wrote:I'd probably switch Nomura and Hamaura (Nakajima > Hamaura and Nomura > Maimi ? ) but its a tough call.

I did "Yajima -> Hamaura" because they're tall, athletic (or at least athletic-looking, in Hamaura's case) co-centers.

I did "Nakajima -> Nomura" because they're small and pretty, and good dancers.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby wotakubrandon » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:29 am

Starra wrote:Hot take: I miss low-budget, tacky H!P. Sure, it was shit, but it had more charm and character than current H!P does. It's too formulaic and predictable nowadays, whereas it used to be that you couldn't guess what kind of songs you were going to get from single to single and whatnot.
#makestreamersgreatagain :mikihead:
wotakubrandon

Postby Jessi » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:51 am

#bringbackcurtainsan :momochi:
Hooooollllddddddd me... what ever lies beyond this mooooorrrrrrrrnnnnnniiiiinnngggg...
Jessi

Favorite Idol: Sakura, Masaki, Miki

Postby sherenathan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:06 pm

Was reading Nonaka's blog post on facebook, and if I read correctly, Ayaccho is graduating from HP next spring.
sherenathan
Senior Initiate

Postby Amped » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:35 am

Amped wrote:
Amped wrote:a design of the new Nakano ward office buildings, hotel development, Nakano park and the relocation of the new Nakano Sunplaza starting in the next few years till completion in 2025.

the new Nakano Sun Plaza redevelopment :
http://bluestyle.livedoor.biz/archives/52386587.html

Today, Nakano Ward council officials had an open forum with peoples thoughts and concerns about the demolition of Nakano Sun Plaza and building a 10,000 seat arena. They discussed what the new arena can do for the redevelopment of Nakano. The construction is still being considered. They also plan to do some maintenance. The chairman of the council says Nakano Sun Plaza is a "Holy Land" and hopes the next arena can make new memories.
https://www.kensetsunews.com/web-kan/176189

At a news conference today, The Nakano Ward said that Nakano Sun Plaza won't be demolished until 2024. The new 10,000 seat arena will be for concerts and sporting events.
https://mainichi.jp/articles/20180406/k ... 40/061000c
Amped
Priest

Postby Amped » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:24 am

Ame Talk! SP 4/8/18 - Comedians who are Idol fans talk about their favorite idols.

- Comedian and H!P fan Iwao Nozomu tries to explain about the appeal of Hello! Project, Morning Musume. '18's formation dance to those not familiar with them.
- The show also pranks him thinking he was going to meet Juice=Juice and his favorite Miyamoto Karin.

Do you think its still okay for them to use formation dance as their main appeal still?
Amped
Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:24 am

Yesterday on Sanma-san's TV show, Sanma-san's 28 year old daughter, singer IMALU, confessed she once auditioned for Morning Musume when she was younger.
http://www.hochi.co.jp/entertainment/20 ... 50218.html
Amped
Priest

Postby Amped » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:50 pm

Reina (Kathleen from Singapore) got her question read and answered by Funaki Musubu. She read an extra question not included in the actual Hello! Station episode but on Upfrontlink.

[Hello-Sta] #MusubuFunaki (#ANGERME / #CountryGirls ) answered an extra question from you! Check out the answer from her! Question #1 from Kathleen from Singapore
https://www.facebook.com/upfrontlink/vi ... 815652328/
https://twitter.com/UpFrontLink/status/ ... 1746558976

From Kathleen from Singapore

Q
Hello Funakki! I really love how Funakki is always so energetic! You are always so busy for work in 2 groups, Oha Star, and yet, you always delivery amazing performances on stage! How do you manage to strike a balance between work and rest? I love ANGERME ♡
Kathleen

A
My way to balance between work and private is... play as much as I can whenever possible. ANGERME hang out often. We try to enjoy and make nice memories as much as possible, then always try to work hard remembering these memories. Please play as much as you can, Kathleen. Thank you!
Amped
Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:27 pm

Two of the initial 12 girls in the second generation Last Idol group, Kizaki Chisato (木崎千聖) and Machida Honoka (町田穂花), each named Morning Musume as the group they admire (Machida specifically mentioning Sato Masaki). I thought it was interesting that both of them mentioned something along the lines of wanting to give powerful performances (with, from what I can make out, Machida again talking about Masaki being cool and cute, and how she wants to perform like her).
https://natalie.mu/music/news/278129
Nayoko-Kihara
Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:21 pm

#10 Gin'iro no Telepathy (unreleased song)
#9 Kono Sekai wa Suteta mon janai (unreleased song)
#8 Romance no Tochuu
#7 Magic of Love (2015 J=J Ver.)
#6 Umaretate no Baby Love
#5 Fiesta! Fiesta!
#4 Wonderful World
#3 Otona no Jijou
#2 Abarete kka?! Have a Good Time (unreleased song)

Juice=Juice's #1 song is :
Ijiwaru Shinaide Dakishimete yo
-Amped

I'm honestly shocked at #2. But come on UF release the album!! 3/10 of their best songs (if you add Tokyo Glider that'd make it 4) are unreleased.
otaku_blue
Devoted Devotee

Postby resop2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:03 am

On a recent Pocket Morning the question was If you had to pick a new stage name, what would it be?

I have a idea that takes this one step further: "If you had to pick an American name as a new stage name, what would it be?"

I wonder what they would pick (except for Miki who has that covered)?
resop2
Skeptic

Postby resop2 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:56 am

I wonder if AVEX knows that Haruna x 2 and Haruka performed as AAA (the name of a pretty famous and successful AVEX group)?

If the girls were really serious, maybe they could call themselves: nAnAkA?
resop2
Skeptic

Postby otaku_blue » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:10 am

Man I really wish they'd have more variety in line distributions for MM.
I'd like to see Kaede have a bigger role in the group already.
otaku_blue
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:46 am

it took 5 years, but Morning Musume's Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke MV hit the 10 million views club.
Amped
Priest

Postby LiamMusume » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:07 am

After watching the event V for Tsubaki Factory's newest single, I noticed that the put a slightly altered version of Shunrenka on the DVD instead of the studio version which we ended up getting.

It isn't a big difference but they had two previous duet lines as solos, I made a quick video showing the difference:
They still show the second member of both duets miming along but the voices don't match up.
Mitsui Aika - Wada Ayaka - Iikubo Haruna - Hagiwara Mai - Nomura Minami - Ogata Risa
LiamMusume
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Mitsui Aika

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project