The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Starra » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:07 pm

Yes, it's related to seniority at time of major debut, not when they joined Eggs/KSS. Unless they're all added at the same time/they're all nobodies, then it's age.

Although re: 6th gen, Miki was also older than the other 3 and actually announced a week and a bit before them as well. So either way she would've ended up listed first. Aika being listed before Junjun and Linlin was also due to her being announced before them, despite them being older than her and Junjun and Linlin also having had taken the same audition (although, JJ and LL were also classified as "exchange students", so there's that).
♡中澤裕子・紺野あさ美・萩原舞・尾形春水・金澤朋子・田村芽実・梁川奈々美・加賀楓・上國料萌衣・清野桃々姫・山﨑愛生・鞘師里保・須藤茉麻♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Amped » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:13 pm

There is going to be a bunch of broken links in these threads. Dailymotion user HelloProjectVideos got the copyright ban struck on him and his account was deleted. All of his videos are gone. All the DVD magazines, Concert DVDs and TV shows.
http://www.dailymotion.com/HelloProjectVideos

here is his new account
http://www.dailymotion.com/NewHelloProjectVideos
Amped
Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:40 pm

Damn, that's rough. I hope I didn't have too many things in my saved videos from that account.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devotee

Postby Amped » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:35 am

H!P fan and talent Paipai Dekami's idol room is a mess. A TV show hires some professional cleaners come in to clean up her room.

Before

After

Amped
Priest

Postby Shoujo Q » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:14 am

^Could they come to my house next. My room is a mess. And no matter how much I clean it, it turns into a pit within a month. :hehe:

I'm highly unorganized.
Shoujo Q

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Celedam » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:08 am

Oddly, the high point of that for me was that they didn't pay much attention to the idol merchandise. It's obviously an otaku's room, and everyone watching recognizes it as such, but it seems that alone is no longer noteworthy.

I wonder if the fact that she's a young, attractive, female, and employed earns her a break. It's the male, thirtysomething NEETs that everyone hate.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:54 pm

starting 10/13, Fuji TV is starting a new Friday late night music program called "Tune" and it will focus on a wide range of music. They will also start introducing the Billboard charts from Japan and Overseas. They will also have music guests and have young independent MCs.
http://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/56365/2
Amped
Priest

Postby aerosuffly » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:24 pm

This is now on Netflix.
Celedam wrote:From other threads…

erilaz wrote:
erilaz wrote:Tokyo Idols is playing at the San Francisco Documentary Film Festival next month. I’ve bought my ticket for the Sunday screening.

http://prod3.agileticketing.net/websale ... d919a3c410

I just got home from seeing this. Obviously it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know about the Japanese idol phenomenon, but I thought it did a decent job of presenting the subject to an audience that (for the most part) probably knew little or nothing about it. I thought it was a pretty balanced depiction without any blatantly negative agenda, though some reviews that I read seemed to think otherwise. With no narrator and a limited number of onscreen captions to give some background and identify the people in the film, it let the idols, their fans, and sometimes the idols' parents do most of the talking. They also had a handful of media and academic talking heads (including Hyadain) giving their views. One male sociologist and one female journalist provided most of the negative comments about the idol industry and especially the fans. Will most American viewers come away from the film thinking that middle-aged, male, idol otaku are perverted, pathetic losers, despite the film's even-handed treatment? Well, yeah. But what else would you expect?

As for the dramatis personae, none of the H!P girls appear in the documentary, though we do get a few shots of an Up Up Girls (仮) handshake event. Most of the film focuses on solo idol Hiiragi Rio and her 43-year-old super-fan Koji, but we also get bits on Yuka from P.IDL, Amu from Harajuku Monogatari, Yuzu from Amore Carina, and Ōshima Ryōka from AKB48 (not so much her as her wota).

Here's an intelligent article about the film, including an informative interview with director Miyake Kyōko:
http://moveablefest.com/moveable_fest/2 ... idols.html

otaku_blue wrote:
Celedam wrote:
Amped wrote:BBC music put this new article up :

The Japanese obsession with girl bands - explained
https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/84 ... 5217c1448c

:?:

It's not wrong, as far as it goes, but it's not particularly insightful either. It's mostly just a review of the documentary that erilaz watched, and that was slanted to begin with. Any other details in the article obviously came from the sort of Google-research that passes for journalism these days. The writer has no real knowledge of the idol industry. Any of us could do better.

See also the Gell-Mann Amnesia Effect.

My main issue with the documentary is that it only exaggerates the problems with the industry for shock value.

"But for the fans, there's probably a sexual component." :roll: i.e., generalised statements like this.
Just because these guys choose to live like this, it doesn't mean everyone is like this.

I reckon saesang culture in Kpop is much more worse than overly supportive middle aged men. But you don't see any documentaries exploring that.

Well, now we know why the BBC posted an article about the documentary: they broadcast it last Wednesday (or at least an abridged version of it)…

I'm genuinely curious what everyone thinks of it.
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby AyuHikaru » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:26 am

I watched it on Netflix and it was faairrlly accurate? The only thing I noticed was they were doing their best to make sure they didn't catch any women on the screen (Rio had an event near the end of the film where it was CLEAR if you looked in the background that there were many women there, but they would pan past them real quick to focus on the male wota). The journalist also really only mentioned guys and kinda "forgot" to mention their were female wota. So they were spinning it in that direction which I wasn't okay with. They also seemed to really focus in on the guys who used the girls as proxy girlfriends. I've met quite a few Japanese wota in my time and none of them did that, BUT those Wota do exist so in that sense it was accurate for that kind of Wota.

I didn't like that they were spinning it as ALL fans of idols were like that, which with how popular AKB is that a pretty potent message to send, but it was accurate for certain kind of fans. I honestly wish they would have focused on the industry instead of the fans, because it's not like these guys are getting this idea of proxy girlfriends out of no where. The industry does it's best to sell that image, and focusing on both sides would have been more well rounded to me.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Chibs » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:49 am

That is journalism for you, not looking for the truth but rather to sell you their version of reality
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Amped » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:18 am

if you're currently living in Japan, Hello! Tribe fan bar is hiring new staff
https://twitter.com/hellotribeHQ/status ... 8637805568
https://hellotribe.jp/
Amped
Priest

Postby erilaz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:28 am

^ I'm bummed that I didn't get to have drinks there on my last trip. When I was in Akihabara during their usual business hours, they were closed, and there was no sign explaining why.
"Experience in the acquisition of European languages can help you to learn Japanese about as much as it could help you to acquire the language spoken by the inhabitants of Mars." — Lafcadio Hearn
erilaz

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Celedam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:27 pm

Actress Yuu Aoi likes ANGERME…

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:23 pm

The H!P Shop in Akihabara is looking to hire shop staff who can work weekends and holidays.
https://twitter.com/hello_shop_tak/stat ... 9332556800
Amped
Priest

Postby otaku_blue » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:05 am

Does anyone else feel like J=J is seriously overworked? I feel like they've been non-stop all of 2016-2017.
otaku_blue
Devoted Devotee

Previous

Return to Hello! Project