H!P Youtube thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P Youtube thread

Postby Shoujo Q » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:16 am

My favorite audition and I'm sad they don't do more auditions like this in Hello!Project. It was fun rooting for my favorite girls.

Meimi (Because she was in the Shugo Chara musical) being my top followed by Karin. And then all the girls that came into H!P from this audition.

To this day I still don't know what Tsunku saw in Fuyuka.

But the turn around on Meimi and Sakura vocally. It still amazes me. I wonder if it amazed Tsunku when she went from that, to this.

Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Amped » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:20 am

ah, the audition where i first started hating Karin. she acted like brat back then. made me sick. :puke: so glad Tsunku saw that and didn't pick her for S/mileage. But he ended up picking Tamura, which was even worse.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:13 am

Aside from that being a pointlessly crude and thoughtless thing to say, it doesn't even make sense. If Tsunku really thought Karin was a brat, he wouldn't've picked her at all. There are plenty of potential idols in Japan. He's got no need to pick a girl with a bfa right off the jump.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Pavlova » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:47 am

boinsie wrote:I would say that especially Minimoni did it. XD
I feel like it was around W time-frame that the established groups started regularly singing live. Even so, Kirari (almost?) never did, and even today oftentimes the newer members of groups will sometimes have a backing track while the other girls don't.

I majorly appreciate the live singing, though. That's a big reason I was never able to get into AKB.

AKB have been slowly moving into live singing more and more, after 10 years of constant lip syncing. I don't know how their last live was, but the election one was 100% live, to my huge surprise.

I'm not saying it's GOOD live singing, however, lol. (still I personally prefer crappy live singing over lip sync any day of the week.)

also re: the fairies vs MM dancing thing. I personally found Fairies did much better, but I also think they had a much, much easier song to improvise too, so it's realllllly hard to compare. I'm fairly sure I had said that exact same thing back then lol
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:12 am

WHY HAVE I NEVER SEEN THIS AUDITION BEFORE?
OH MY GOD they were all TOO cute back then. xD
Omg, Kananana.
Wow, that was awesome.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby resop2 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:26 am

I guess we really have to give a lot of credit to Maro and LinLin for keeping a couple of surly brats like Takachan and Karinchan in line during Shin Mini-Moni?
resop2
Skeptic

Postby boinsie » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:19 am

I had completely forgotten about Shugo Chara Egg basically being S/mileage v0.75.

Which means I had even more entirely forgotten about the REPLACEMENT Shugo Chara Egg girls, who include some now more familiar faces.

boinsie
Guru

Postby Shoujo Q » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:39 pm

Amped wrote:ah, the audition where i first started hating Karin. she acted like brat back then. made me sick. :puke: so glad Tsunku saw that and didn't pick her for S/mileage. But he ended up picking Tamura, which was even worse.

I think you're confusing, acting like a brat with, how s typical Japanese idol usually acts. And poor Meimi. I can't even begin to comprehend what you find wrong with her now. It's like night and day with her. I'd say out of any audition I've seen, this one really puts into perspective how an idol develops in Hello!Project. Which is why I wish they did more of them. It's nice to go back a few years down the line and be shocked by the development.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby forgetmenots » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:48 pm

^That's why I like them too.

I mean watching 6th Gen Finalist Camp is one of the big things that got me into MM in the first place. If you watch Sayu being unable to hit any notes pretty much at all in Akai Freesia in that and then you watch her perform it on her graduation.... @_@
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Celedam » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:17 pm

From MUSIC JAPAN earlier this week, a Harunan moment starting at 0:30…

The rest of the video has been edited to focus on SKE48, so watch or not as you see fit.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project