Introduction thread for new JPLOP friends!

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: JPLOP New Members Introduction Thread!!

Postby Pichi » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:54 am

Username/Name? Pichi
Birthday? April 26
What country are you from? France
How long have you been a fan of Hello! Project? How did you find out about them? I know Hello! Project when I was 10 years, I was already into anime and manga stuff since a long time thanks to my parents and a friend of mine told me about Buono! who song Shugo Chara! openings. I totally felt in love with Momochii cuteness and discover Berryz Kobo and °C-ute as well. A few days later, I listened to Morning Musume. and become a huge fan of Takahashi Ai!

Favorite Generation(s) of Morning Musume? 13ki! 6ki, 10ki
Favorite Member(s) of Morning Musume? Yokoyama Reina! Kaga Kaede, Sato Masaki, Morito Chisaki
Favorite Hello! Project Group(s)? Morning Musume., Berryz Kobo, Buono!, °C-ute
Favorite Graduated Morning Musume member(s)? Takahashi Ai, Kamei Eri, Tanaka Reina, Kudo Haruka
Favorite Graduated Hello! Project Member(s)? Shimizu Saki, Hagiwara Mai, Ogawa Saki
Favorite Hello! Project song(s)? "Kataomoi." (Buono!), "Tsugi no Kado wo Magare" (°C-ute), "21ji Made no Cinderella" "Koi Itoshiki Kisetsu" (Berryz Kobo)
Favorite Morning Musume song(s)? "Roman MY DEAR BOY", "Daite HOLD ON ME!", "Brainstorming", "Onna ga Medatte Naze Ikenai", "Iroppoi Jirettai"

Do you dream of going to Japan? Of course! Since very young. I plan to go during the next two years.
Your other favorite singers, artists and songs? DADARAY, Muse, Hiroyuki Sawano,
Anything else you would like to say? Any reason for coming here? I use(d) a lot JPLOP as a source for my fansite about Yokoyan and without realizing it, I came everyday here, so I told myself maybe I could participate to the forum life. . Also, Im really nostalgic about forums, I went a lot to them 8-9 years ago, I miss talking about Hello! Project somewhere else than Twitter.
Pichi
Initiate

Favorite Idol: Yokoyama Reina

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:17 pm

Glad you finally decided to make an account! :)
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:07 pm

So I've been gone a while. Here's a re-introduction because geez

Username/Name? Itai - CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Birthday? July 15th (gonna be 23 geez...)
What country are you from? United States
How long have you been a fan of Hello! Project? How did you find out about them? Berryz Kobo through some random numa numa video. Don't ask. Been a fan since early 2012, right before Berryz's 8th album came out.

Favorite Generation(s) of Morning Musume? 10ki, 13ki, 14ki
Favorite Member(s) of Morning Musume? ishida Ayumi, Morito Chisaki,
Favorite Hello! Project Group(s)? Morning Musume., Berryz Kobo, ANGERME,
Favorite Graduated Morning Musume member(s)? Duu, Reina
Favorite Graduated Hello! Project Member(s)? Kudo Haruka, Shimizu Saki (Captain T-T), Nakanishi Kana (holy crap, the list of my graduated oshis isn't getting smaller...), and so many others T-T
Favorite Hello! Project song(s)? Dakishimete Dakishimete (Berryz), Ee ka!? (S/mileage), Fuwari (Tsubaki)
Favorite Morning Musume song(s)? Mukidashi, Wolf Boy, Kirari to Hikaru Hoshi, Wakuteka, Nanchatte Renai... too many others to count!

Do you dream of going to Japan? I was supposed to go in Feburary but my manager didn't approve in time... so I moved it to September. Great idea, right? HAH. Covid had other ideas.
Your other favorite singers, artists and songs? Dragonforce (been my jam lately, and I've become the subreddit moderator), Avenged Sevenfold, Muse
Anything else you would like to say? Any reason for coming here? You know me! I guess somewhere along the way I lost interest for a while... and I'm finding it harder and harder to keep track of all the new additions!!!! So many changes. I'm gonna try to get onto my game and learn all the new peeps!!!!! I don't even know the names of the three new Morning Musume (new! hah they've been in two singles...) members... and BEYOOOONDS, I know what they look like but not their names... Gah, it's been a long time :( Miss the jplop community!
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Zunu » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:41 pm

Welcome back!
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Moh » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:00 pm

I filled this out last in 2016, so it's time for an update. :')

Username / Name? Moh / Lindsay
Birthday? October 4th, 1994. I was clearly boinsie's 9th birthday gift. :mikihead:
What country are you from? Unusual States of America.
Gender? Female.

How long have you been a fan of Hello! Project? How did you find out about them? Uhhh I think it's been like 14 years or so? A friend on a different website posted a bunch of Berryz songs and I really liked them, and that led me to check out the other H!P groups.
Favorite Generation(s) of Morning Musume? 9th, 10th, 13th, 15th.
Favorite Member(s) of Morning Musume? Haga, Kaga, Yokoyama, Kitagawa.
Favorite Hello! Project Group(s)? All of them. :lol:
Favorite Hello! Project Member(s)? Kamikokuryo, Kasahara, Ise, Kanazawa, Uemura, Inoue, Dambara, Kishimoto, Ono, Akiyama, Shimakura, Maeda, Yamazaki Y., Okamura, Hirai.
Favorite Graduated Morning Musume Member(s)? Mitsui, LinLin, Suzuki K.
Favorite Graduated Hello! Project Member(s)? Natsuyaki, Sugaya, Suzuki A., Tamura, Aikawa, Hirose, Nomura.
Favorite Hello! Project song(s)? Special Generation, Kanashiki Amefuri, CHOICE&CHANCE, Ai no Diving, Synchro., Mijuku Hanjuku Torotoro, Keseyashinai Kimochi, Kanousei no Concerto, Yuki no Planetarium, Fuwari, Koi Dokei.
Favorite Morning Musume song(s)? Memory Seishun no Hikari, Shabondama, AS FOR ONE DAY, Chokkan 2, SEXY BOY, Onna ni Sachi Are, Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke, TIKI BUN, Watashi wa Watashi Nanda, Oh my wish!, Mukidashi de Mukiatte, BRAND NEW MORNING, Watashi no Nanni mo Wakacchanai, Narcissus Kamatte-chan Kyousoukyoku Dai 5ban, Ningen Kankei No way way.

Do you dream of going to Japan? Not really? It'd be cool to visit someday but it's not a priority or anything, lol.

Your other favorite singers, artists and songs? Check my last.fm for that. ;)

Anything else you would like to say? I could say something else, but I won't!
Any reason for coming here? To try and keep the peace?
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby boinsie » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:40 am

Moh wrote:Birthday? October 4th, 1994. I was clearly boinsie's 9th birthday gift. :mikihead:

I feel as though I must have mentioned this before already, but you were born on the VHS release date of the original Jurassic Park movie! My dad and I went to K-Mart to pick it up and I got a free baseball cap with purchase. 8)

Also... yikes, apparently it's been since 2016 that I filled this thing out, too?? :fear:

Name/Nickname? Emily/boinsie
DOB/Age? 34 (October 4th, 1985)
Where Are You From? Originally from north-north California, have now lived in the Seattle area for ~8 years.
Gender? Female
Favorite Morning Musume. Generation? Dude, I don't know. 4th, 7th, 8th, 13th?
Favorite Morning Musume. Member? Currently Yokoyan or maybe Mei. MM is not my fave group, so this is a low bar. :lol:
Favorite Hello! Project Group? BEYOOOOONDS is the most fun.
Favorite Hello! Project Member? Momohime or Manakyan or Rikako
Favorite Graduated Morning Musume. or Hello! Project Member? Nozomi Tsuji, Noto Arisa, Kikkawa You, Suzuki Airi... (Tsunku? :butbut: )
Favorite Hello! Project song? Favorite Morning Musume. song? MM - What is LOVE?. So far as H!P goes... pretty impossible to narrow down, but Saa! Koibito ni Narou & Uwaki na Honey Pie & Koi wo Shichaimashita! are up there.
Favorite Hello! Project album? Favorite Morning Musume. album? MM: 13 Colorful Character. H!P: I love Cmaj9.
So far as H!P friends albums go, One for YOU, Two YOU, Puppy, Do Me a Favor, 1116, and Crescendo are all hella :thumbs-up: .
Your other interests? I like to draw (I've been watercoloring a bit recently??), I enjoy gardening and doing yard work, and hiking and such in the outdoors. Hanging out with husband and dog, watching TV and so on.
Do you dream of going to Japan? I visited Japan for a week back in 2007, but I'd love to go back. Something tells me that international travel's gonna be pretty tough the next couple years, though...
Your other favorite singers, artists and songs? GFRIEND, Sharan Q, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, ROCKET PUNCH's BOUNCY, I'm digging NiziU, though they're brand new...
Are you a contributor or a lurker? I've seemingly made lurking my career.
Why are you here? Keeping the bots out, moving posts to better homes, reminding Zunu of past digressions, etc. :hehe:
boinsie
Guru

Postby Zunu » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:11 am

Name/Nickname? Zachary Ulysses Nixon V/Zunu
DOB/Age? 155 (December 31, 1864)
Where Are You From? NYC
Gender? Male
Favorite Morning Musume. Generation? 6th
Favorite Morning Musume. Member? Fluctuates between Yokoyama/Fukumura/Morito
Favorite Hello! Project Group? BEYOOOOONDS
Favorite Hello! Project Member? Momohime
Favorite Graduated Morning Musume. or Hello! Project Member? Nocchi, Kamei, Airi
Favorite Hello! Project song? Favorite Morning Musume. song? Kimagure Princess. If non MM then maybe Shiroi Tokyo or Itooshikutte Gomen ne. Digging Pop Music rn.
Favorite Hello! Project album? Favorite Morning Musume. album? MM: tough but maybe Platinum 9 DISC H!P: Buono! 2
Your other interests? Indies type jrock, utaite, anison, classic british rock, SF, anime, science, math, modern art
Do you dream of going to Japan? I've been to Japan before but sure I'd like to go back eventually if I'm ever allowed.
Your other favorite singers, artists and songs? Sana ( 鎖那 aka sanapri ) KING GNU, Official HIGE DANdism, KOBASOLO, DADARAY, aiko, Chara, Jacob Collier, Cavetown, Max Richter, Doja Cat, Rainych Ran
Are you a contributor or a lurker? Bottom-feeding rent-seeker miserably failing at the latter
Why are you here? To be reminded of my past digressions/transgressions etc. :hehe:
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby boinsie » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:47 am

Zunu wrote:Name/Nickname? Zachary Ulysses Nixon V/Zunu

:o Is this an acronym or a backronym?
Why are you here? To be reminded of my past digressions/transgressions etc. :hehe:

Indiscretions. :fear:
boinsie
Guru

Re: Member Introductions

Postby erilaz » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:43 pm

It seems that I haven't done one of these since the initial rush when the thread opened, back in October 2008, so....

Name/Nickname? Arden/erilaz
Birthdate? 4 January (same as Jacob Grimm and Sorrell Booke)
Age? Even older and more decrepit than I was yesterday
Where Are You From? San Francisco Bay Area, California (since 1984)
Gender? M
Favorite Morning Musume。 Generation? 2nd (Yaguchi and Ichii) or 4th (Kago and Yoshizawa)
Favorite Morning Musume。 Member? (Current) Morito Chisaki
Favorite Hello! Project Group(s) (Current)? Morning Musume。, ANGERME, possibly BEYOOOOONDS (though I really need to listen to them more to make a good assessment)
Favorite Hello! Project Group(s) (Old-School)? W, Tanpopo (2nd gen), Melon Kinenbi, Sheki-Dol
Favorite Hello! Project Member (Current)? Sasaki Rikako
Favorite Graduated Morning Musume。 Member? Yaguchi Mari (though technically she resigned), with Kago Ai a close second
Favorite Graduated Hello! Project Member (outside of Morning Musume。)? Hmm... Heike Michiyo? Shibata Ayumi? Tsugunaga Momoko?
Favorite Hello! Project Song? "GET" (Heike Michiyo) or "BABY CRY" (Tanpopo)
Favorite Morning Musume。 Song? "Kanashimi Twilight"
Favorite Hello! Project Album? Duo U&U (W)
Your other interests? J.R.R. Tolkien, artificial languages, historical linguistics, cheesy pop culture, and weird movies. My tastes are a melange of incongruities. One of my best friends once said that if archaeologists were to uncover my apartment thousands of years from now, it would destroy all of their theories about our civilization.
Do you dream of going to Japan? I've gone to Japan six times now, but it's been five years, four months, and one day since the last time, so... YES.
Your other favorite singers, artists and songs? The Beatles, Siouxsie and the Banshees, X (the band from L.A.), All About Eve (British goth-hippy folk-metal band from the '80s, which you've never heard of), Pink Floyd, Kate Bush, Penelope Houston, Heidi Berry, Lush, Scheer, Jale, Shonen Knife, PUFFY, ZONE, SCANDAL, TsuShiMaMiRe, BABYMETAL....
Are you a contributor or a lurker? I have the 23rd highest post count on this forum, so I'm going to say I'm the former.
Why are you here? Sorry, but deep philosophical discussions don't really interest me.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Re: Member Introductions

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:46 am

erilaz wrote:Are you a contributor or a lurker? I have the 23rd highest post count on this forum, so I'm going to say I'm the former..

LOL That reminds me of the time I used to post so much that my posts-per-day ratio was through the roof...
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project