Hello! Project Photobook & Visual Photobook thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Hello! Project Photobook / Image DVD thread

Postby 321BreakinOut » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:57 am

I forgot when photo books were about being hot and having an ass . I always thought they were a form of art :unsure: ?

-

Bikini shots really aren't my taste , but I like seeing well done photos of the girls
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:05 am

^

She's just way too skinny tbh as much as I love her. Her Alo-Hello photos were more awkward than good.

When you can see an idol's bones popping through their skin its kinda a turn-off.

And you know calling HP Photobooks art is just plain bullshit. They're so redundant its just fanservice for a majority of the girls, the only art photobooks would be some of the stuff that Airi, Maimi and Sayu does. The rest are just the same standard HP shots on a larger print in a book.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby 321BreakinOut » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:13 am

Well I guess her being skinny is her problem then isn't it ? But by the looks of it she looks as happy as button to me :P :hehe:

And please , compared to AV/other idol photobooks these girls are faaaar from fam service in my eyes.
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:16 am

^^ lol c'mon now, there is no cherry picking. They're either fanservice, or art for you. There are no exceptions to be made for the conventionally "pretty" girls, just because there's a consensus that they're the most appeasing to look at.

Anyway, I would say that its not something concretely defined one way or the other, but instead depends on the fan. (though generally, PBs of girls 15under usually feel more like cutesy art to me, in the H!P realm anyway. UF has never been the type to make hypersexualized kids photobooks like the rest of the industry.)

Some fans love to see the girls in cute outfits eating food, or just posing fabulously around the city. To me, the girls photobooks are art in the way that fashion magazines are. You love to see the way they do the make-up, hair, and the styling of the outfits and location, and you love to see the girls looking great.

And there are some fans who simply love to spank it to photobooks. Who don't see the art, but instead simply see the ass poses and bikinis and call it fanservice. There are two types of people.
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Postby Zunu » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:23 am

I think you guys are way off base about Haruna...she'd look great in a pb if appropriately attired. She has a slim frame; she's not too skinny.

And for that matter, calling somebody "too" skinny and saying they "need to" put on weight is 100% equally as rude as saying someone is too fat and needs to lose it.

(And I'm not saying people shouldn't do it, I'm saying they shouldn't do it and then complain about people calling Zukki fatty or whatever. If you're okay with one, you should be okay with the other - they're the same type of remarks.)
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby otaku_blue » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:26 am

I meant that she would look better. Her bones actually show through her skin.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zvn3nMLc1TA/U ... en+cap.jpg

But I have to disagree about hypersexualizing kids, like you know RIsako, Kudou and Riho have all had weird shots come out of there photobooks.
Like the picture of Kudou in her one-piece that exploded with 2ch perverts.

I don't see HP Photobooks shot in a nearby hotel (Yasuda) as art, but I do find that some girls do release artistic photo books as I said previously.
Some shots are highly artistic, but shots when they're just in a bikini are not. That's fanservice, as well as other cosplay.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Zunu » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:31 am

otaku_blue wrote:I meant that she would look better. Her bones actually show through her skin.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zvn3nMLc1TA/U ... en+cap.jpg

It's normal for some people's bones to show through their skin when viewed from certain angles. When I was her age my ribs definitely showed if I bent a certain way and I was not underweight. It's just like how some people's bones show in their wrist and ankles and some people's don't. Bone structure varies.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:45 am

otaku_blue wrote:But I have to disagree about hypersexualizing kids, like you know RIsako, Kudou and Riho have all had weird shots come out of there photobooks.
Like the picture of Kudou in her one-piece that exploded with 2ch perverts.

Yes, but that is all a matter of personal interpretation. You have typed it out yourself, the 2ch perverts are the ones that exploded over it, because of their personal interpretation. Kuduu in a one piece, is just Kuduu in a one piece, the viewer has to add in the separate narrative. There are times when images can certainly lead the viewer (that image in Kago's PB with shots of her wincing face comes to mind) but H!P has never been so tactless with the kids to do upskirts or anything.

Also, art doesn't all have to be high class and fancy. lol just because they were cheap with Kemeko and placed hers in a local hotel, doesn't mean that it can't be artistic. She still looked gorgeous. That's like saying only impressionist oil paintings are art, but cheap street art done with spray cans on cardboard isn't. You don't have to appreciate it's value, but it is indeed still art.

Spoiler: show
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Postby boinsie » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:56 am

"Put on a few lbs" is imo possibly more offensive than than "lose a few".

But everyone's views on weight aside, it really does come back to resop's point: Will the PB sell?
If Kanon's recent exposure as a non-exploited "chubby idol" has earned her enough fans that would buy her PB because they, too, aren't perfect or because they're sick of seeing the same thing over and over, then that's amazing and says a lot positive about society.

On the other hand, Haruna's thinner body (which she obviously doesn't do any harmful things to keep up, but is just the way her body is shaped) shouldn't be discriminated against just because it isn't what gets you off. She had a previous career in some modelling, most fashion models are rake thin, and it honestly leads to some really interesting cloth drapery.

Let's be honest--they both have body types "different from the norm" of idol PBs, and I think it would be a great thing (if they're both comfortable with it) to release PBs. It would show that you don't have to fit into a cookie-cutter mold to be able to be attractive or make appealing products.
boinsie
Guru

Postby Starra » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:07 am

321BreakinOut wrote:And please , compared to AV/other idol photobooks these girls are faaaar from fam service in my eyes.

Especially other U15 idol PBs and DVDs :fear: .
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project