H!P/related Concerts and Stage Plays

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: H!P/related Concerts and Stage Plays

Postby Celedam » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:40 am

Jessi wrote:Meimei as Marigold... Wow. Her acting skills are on a whole different level. You can tell she has some experience in stage plays.

Yes, she caught the acting bug from her mother and older sister.

But most of that was when she was quite young, before she grew into what she is now. This was her biggest role before she joined S/mileage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMOON2mH4zQ

(And even that was S/mileage-related.)

The pro-level performances we're seeing now — in "Warera Jeanne" and "LILIUM" — are because she's growing into her natural talent, not because she's had lots of experience. If anything, her idol work with S/mileage might be stunting her growth as an actress.
Last edited by Celedam on Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Mixi » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:50 am

Now you made me worry Meimi will graduate from S/mileage within the next two years to pursue stage acting.

It would be awesome if she became a stage actress, don't get me wrong. She has so much talent.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby Amped » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:52 am

this is Nippon Budokan at 6am today. :notworthy:

GMML banner

panoramic shot with iPhone 6 plus

9am~10:30am

12pm - staff unloading tour goods including boxes of the new Sayu light stick and microfiber towels

2:30pm - goods line for men and women

goods line for women only
Last edited by Amped on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Panic Nancy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:56 am

Jessi wrote:The ones who stood the most were Meimei, Ayumi, and Haruka.

I think I've seen a couple other people saying the same thing. I haven't been particularly impressed with anybody's acting skills in the previous plays besides Meimi, so I'm really interested in seeing how the other two did.
Panic Nancy
Minion

Postby avanpiper » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:38 am

Panic Nancy wrote:
Jessi wrote:The ones who stood the most were Meimei, Ayumi, and Haruka.

I think I've seen a couple other people saying the same thing. I haven't been particularly impressed with anybody's acting skills in the previous plays besides Meimi, so I'm really interested in seeing how the other two did.

Trust me, you'll be in awe of Duu (especially) and Ayumin ( because I'm biased towards her). But Duu...she was so good. SO GOOD. I wasn't that fond of her in Gogakuyu or Stacy's but she was just amazing here.

Ever since I watched Lilium a week ago, I've had this void in my heart. Now I'm just waiting for subs so I can show this masterpiece to my friends and family.
avanpiper
Acolyte

Postby Sohee » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:15 pm

To be honest I wouldn't say that Haruka was /amazing/ per se. But she has stepped up her game incredibly much since the last things she's done. So she's very impressive and not at all bad. But she wasn't really the best actress, she's just improved a lot.
Riho, Ayumi and Ayaka were really, really good though. But Meimi wins for overall best performance. That was amazing.
Guess those would be the top 5.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Amped » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:15 pm

11am
fan report said Morning Musume. '14 has entered Budokan and probably start rehearsals soon.
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby avanpiper » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:45 pm

Sohee wrote:To be honest I wouldn't say that Haruka was /amazing/ per se. But she has stepped up her game incredibly much since the last things she's done. So she's very impressive and not at all bad. But she wasn't really the best actress, she's just improved a lot.
Riho, Ayumi and Ayaka were really, really good though. But Meimi wins for overall best performance. That was amazing.
Guess those would be the top 5.

Spoiler: show
I think I just didn't expect her character to be like that towards the end and it was kind of complex. I feel like she handled it pretty well because that role wasn't easy. Meimi's almost psychotic character was also difficult to portray but she nailed it. I'd say almost everyone did good for their roles, though I feel Kana wasn't very convincing. Right off the bat, my favorite is Ayumin. The moment she appeared, I just knew I'd love her character already. Loud and uncontrollable (in a way) and initially I read people did mention they didn't really like that she forced her voice in many occasions, but that's just how her character is supposed to be. I only found out later she's a dhampir, like Marigold, mixed human and vampire so their emotions are more unstable than the others. Hence, that made me like her even more and thought she did a great job for Cherry :love: I find Ayumin's really a natural in comedy too, she's got the flair for it, as if Daaishi isn't already enough in real life lol...some of the scenes in there, I really can't imagine she'd do that in real life, like ever XD
avanpiper
Acolyte

Postby Sohee » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Spoiler: show
Kudou did good, no doubt. But she's not at the same level of those other ones imo. But she has improved and if she keeps it up she can definitely become amazing before too long. (:
Ayumi's character wasn't one of my favorites. She was really annoying, lol. But Ayumi did her good, she pulled that off so. I was impressed with Riho's acting since it's been so bad in the past. She really pulls off the "unknowing victim" really good. Really, really good. Ayaka's was right with her own character as well.

But nothing beats Meimi though. Her emotions and singing and acting was spot on in so many ways. She definitely deserves more roles in musicals like these. Her acting through her singing is amazing as well, something we see in regular concerts, too.

I felt so uncomfortable watching the play at the end though. Too many screams to begin with, but then the suicides and all... Japan needs to stop their fascination with it. So uncomfortable. >>
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Jessi » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Amped wrote:11am
fan report said Morning Musume. '14 has entered Budokan and probably start rehearsals soon.

I wonder if the girls have been speculating all morning and yesterday about the 12kis. No doubt they are probably just as nervous and excited as the fans.

Also in regards to Meimei... Sometimes I wonder if Meimei is too skilled for S/mileage. It seems like her voice and acting skills get wasted. In my opinion her and Sakura have the best voices in H!P.

On the positive side, perhaps adding the 3kis and changing the name of s/mileage will open more doors for all the members.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project