Elders got kicked out of H!P

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Elders got kicked out of H!P

Postby MiserableBastard » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:04 pm

What the fuck is going on?

http://www.helloproject.com/newslist/he ... 91500.html
http://www.helloproject.com/newslist/he ... sunku.html
http://www.helloproject.com/newslist/he ... azawa.html

Not end of world for me, but reduces my interest in H!P... lot. I'm not that interested in Berryz or C-ute.

In memoriam 112 RSKES APILAS 1982-2008
MiserableBastard
Senior Initiate

Re: Elders got kicked out of H!P

Postby boinsie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:17 am

(I tried to post at JPM, but it errored. Hate.)

How... strange.
The things I'm thinking...

I wonder if any of them will be adopted by TNX or UF*? Obviously Yoshizawa and Ishikawa are already doing something else, still through UF*.

Maybe Taiyou will finally be able to post photos of his wife (assuming that H!P was the force keeping him from it before)?

Does the Gatas Brillhantes futsal team still exist?

I'll miss Melon Kinenbi a lot. :crying:
boinsie
Guru

Postby Zunu » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:29 am

Yeah, I tried to post too. Damn Nazi JPM-webserver.

Anyway, I'll prolly repost this there when I get a chance but:

---

My take on this is that it supports my hypothesis that H!P members get some kind of basic stipend regardless of whether or not they actually do any performing. But Up-Front (non H!P) only get paid for actual work they do.

So if the above is true, the Elders are essentially moving from part-time employee status to independent contractor status. This makes sense if Up-Front is going to maintain solvency especially in the light of tough times ahead. It will also sharpen UF's ability to make decisions on a more coldly logical business sense. If they can get profit from staging a Matsuura concert, Ishikawa photobook or Keichan evening show, they will do so. If not, no.

It won't really cost Up-Front much to keep these girls in its stable at this point, so whether they retire from the business entirely is up to them. But for them to jump ship to another agency probably doesn't make much sense unless there's actual work lined up. e.g., "We'll get you on XYZ dorama but you have to sign up with our agency." Because really, the world is full of washed up performers. Nobody's clamoring to sign these girls up otherwise, like Maki, they would've made their moves already.

I'm sad that this essentially means the end of the line for a lot of the girls including my beloved Kaori. Not that they were doing anything anyway, but as long as they were on the Hello!Project page, there was always the chance that they would get corralled into some one-time group like HA.

However, this clearly DOESN'T mean that graduated members won't ever perform again with the H!P girls. There were a bunch of Uta Doki's where, like someone would perform with Takayama Gen, or Nacchi with Okeisan, or various people with SharanQ, so there's ample precedent for H!P members performing side-by-side with non H!P members.

What would be interesting is if Up-Front stages an AVEX style Up-Front concert with various Up-Front groups including Hangry&Angry, EMYLI, MK, GaGaaLing, but excluding H!P members.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Pavlova » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:42 am

I'll.. I'll never get my Atsuko and Risa duo, right?

I've been crying for hours.
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

Postby boinsie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:47 pm

^I can't decide if that was dry wit, or seriousness. :sweat:
boinsie
Guru

Postby vegetarianbeefeater » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:17 am

There is always a bit of good in everything.
Business wise, it may be best for Hello!Pro to remove some girls who are on the books, yet do not hold a high selling profile. It may free up some cash for existing groups and future ventures, unless they’re trimming current overheads, there could just be no difference.
Fan wise, it's a bit shocking to learn that you may be seeing less of the girls whom you’ve grown up with and adored for many years. I’d go nuts if Sayu is… trashed.

Matsuura Aya - Can move on and mature out of the youth oriented project and start a new image.
Nakazawa Yuuko - Hmmm maybe she will find a rich man and settle down with kids?
Iida Kaori - Can play mummy for a bit longer now.
Abe Natsumi - Has a future without H!P, almost a given. She can live off her PB's really.
Yasuda Kei - B class celeb, with a few TV turn-ups, I'm sure we will see some more of her.
Yaguchi Mari - Evergreen. Will miss her MC'ing
Ishikawa Rika - Will shake soft drink cans for cash, or turn AV.
Yoshizawa Hitomi - I can't see her going solo, but hey... she has a great personality and is respected.
Tsuji Nozomi - Hard to say really. Her husband will be the bread winner for a lil while longer I’d say. I wish her well. Being a mother at home can be rewarding.
Konno Asami - Go back and get a masters or something girl.
Ogawa Makoto - Will be a novel treat on TV with her bilingual skills. I see a future for her.
Fujimoto Miki - Has been a winner since going solo. How long was Okitegami in the charts for? Will she work even better out of H!P? Eye candy. <3
Inaba Atsuko - Can still background sing? I have no idea about this one *cough*
Satoda Mai - Is a celeb already and will continue on, even without singing I'd assume
Maeda Yuki - Hmm, won't comment as I don't know too much about her. Low seller but great singer.
Miyoshi Erika - Don't like her so won't comment other than… she's best in a group.
Okada Yui - She screams Gravure! DOIT! :D
Melon Kinenbi – Sad that MKbi are graduating, I liked them and they had great stage presence. 
Ongaku Gatas - Meh... who were they, really?
vegetarianbeefeater
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Sayummy

Postby boinsie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:36 am

vegetarianbeefeater wrote:Ongaku Gatas - Meh... who were they, really?
The only members you hadn't already addressed are the Eggs and Korenaga... and the Eggs aren't being "dissolved". So, just Korekore. :x
boinsie
Guru

Postby Pavlova » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:38 am

Boinsie, I was serious.

I said about 10 000 times that nobody was a more hardcore fan then I ever was except maybe Starra but people will only say "pffft how can you say that" and "that's not true" and so on, but I don't think anybody on JPM has been as wrecked by the news as I was.

I can't even think straight.
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

Postby boinsie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:02 am

Well, it's still remotely feasible that Niigaki and Atsuko could work together in the future. Just because they're not under the same label doesn't mean they couldn't, as adults, decide to release something.
It is doubtful, though... especially given how doubtful it was even both being under H!P. Since T&C broke up, Atsuko just didn't release stuff, y'know? :worried:
boinsie
Guru

Postby Starra » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:09 pm

Pav bb, I know how you feel. All my favourite members except four are in Elder Club.

H!P won't be the same without Yuko...
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Next

Return to Hello! Project