Tsunku♂ Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Tsunku♂ Thread

Postby Amped » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:40 am

"Matsumoto Nakai 8.6.23" - Guest Tsunku, OG Goto Maki, Tsuji Nozomi, Morning Musume. '23 Fukumura Mizuki

full episode
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1du4y1173V/

Tsunku and Goto Maki meet after 15 years
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:26 am

Tsunku has a dilemma. What do you do?

Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:43 am

Tsunku x Sakura Oda, Miyamoto Karin, Suzuki Airi

The third part of Tsunku's dialog with his girl disciples. "Tsunku makes a shocking comment!"

--
Tsunku talks about the influences of his musical style from that era he was growing up in the 1970s: The Jackson 5, Earth, Wind & Fire, and the Beatles. He was really into the black music world it seems. He said that C-ute was a bit like the Jackson 5. I didn't try to listen to the whole thing so I'm not sure what the shocking part was, but at one point Tsunku says something like, "It's true that Berryz Koubou took a lot more work than C-ute" did, and when Airi's like, "How come?" he continues, "Because of the fact that C-ute could sing better than Berryz Koubou." Airi of course has to politely insist, "No no no no!" in response to that. But, um...facts is facts.

Also at one point (around @12:26) Oda sings a little acapella "Uchuu de Ta Ta Ta" and sounds quite lovely, as to be expected.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Amped » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:26 pm

Tsunku meets Morning Musume. 16th gen Sakurai Rio and 17th gen Inoue Haruka and Yumigeta Ako for the first time in this long roundtable discussion.
https://note.tsunku.net/n/n0a9582e82e21

Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:10 am

Yumigeta Ako got her 2-shot pose with Tsunku
https://ameblo.jp/morningmusume16ki/ent ... 82820.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:08 pm

Tsunku's new book "How an ordinary person can beat a genius" (凡人が天才に勝つ方法) is ranked #1 best seller on Amazon Japan's category of Entertainment Music J-POP. Tsunku acknowledges it.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4492047298

Tsunku's new book, "How an Ordinary Person Can Beat a Genius," which he spent three years compiling on how to find and dramatically develop one's dormant talent, has finally been released.
https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/09f68 ... aaaa5c6298
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:31 am

Tsunku will have signing events for his new book "How an Ordinary Person Can Beat a Genius" on September 24th at Tower Records LaLaPort Tachikawa Tachihi.

https://tower.jp/store/event/2023/09/139017
Amped
High Priest

Postby boinsie » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:15 pm

Amped wrote:
Moh wrote:Chainsaw Man OP:

Yonezu Kenshi - KICK BACK
    Lyrics/Composition: Yonezu Kenshi
    Arrangement: Yonezu Kenshi, Tsuneta Daiki (King Gnu, millennium parade)
    Contains a sample of "Souda! We're ALIVE" (Lyrics/Composition: Tsunku)

Full song here.

Kenshi Yonezu's Chainsaw Man opening theme "KICK BACK" becomes the first Japanese song written to be Certified Gold Record by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for the first time ever in history
https://www.crunchyroll.com/news/latest ... tification

Doryoku, Mirai, A Beautiful Star

And Tsunku gets a plaque!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzfinzCNKOV/
boinsie
Guru

Postby Amped » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:32 pm

Tsunku is interviewed by the news site ENCOUNT

Living in Hawaii, Tsunku sees "weakness in J-POP" and differences with KPOP : "I myself am hesitant about some things."

Tsunku (55) is the general manager of "TOKYO Youth Music Festival 2023" (December 26th, Hatsudai Doors, Tokyo). His family has now moved to Hawaii, and he spends his days traveling back and forth from Japan for work. Tsunku revealed some aspects of his life in Hawaii over the past seven years.

He has sent out many films in the "TOKYO Youth Film Festival," which he has been running for three years, and his own children include twins, an eldest son (15), an eldest daughter (15), and a second daughter (12).

It's totally different from raising children in Japan. They say that American children are very independent, but in a different sense, Japanese children are more independent in many respects. For example, in Japan, an elementary school student can go anywhere on a bicycle or bus by himself/herself, but in Hawaii, a parent or guardian must accompany the child. Because of this, I feel like they will always be children, but if I take too much care of them, they will say things like, "We are what we are," or "I don't know if this is common sense in Japan, but that is not an acceptable idea here" (laughs). (Laughs.) Certainly, what they say is more persuasive than a point of view. We grew up in a completely different era and environment. We have so much to learn from them."

The time I spent with my children was something I could not have experienced in Japan.

"It was hard work, but I was able to spend more time with my children than I had expected. If I had stayed in Japan, my children would have been going to school by bicycle, bus, or train, and would have been engaged in club activities. I would have come home late every day from work or recording, and we would have lived apart, not seeing each other in the morning or at night. Now, when I take them to school in Hawaii, I don't talk to them, but I see them every day. That was nice."

He has lived in Hawaii for seven years. At first, I thought I would be living in Hawaii for two or three years.

"Once I started raising my children in Hawaii, I realized that I couldn't go back to Japan so quickly. The social structure in Japan is more complex. The social structure is much simpler in the U.S., including society and language. Perhaps it is the wisdom to allow various types of people to coexist. Having grown up within that structure, I felt that children cannot easily turn back. When I see Japanese children applying to film festivals, I think again, "I see that they are the same age as my children. They manage to come all the way from the countryside to Tokyo for interviews, so they are very solid, and in a way, admirable. My children are also interested in film festivals, but right now they are into video social networking sites. In the Internet society, bullying is not absent, but it is different from what it is in Japan; children are well aware of the dangers of SNS, and I think they are showing themselves to the world knowing the risks. Maybe that's their own world where adults can't interfere."

Did going to Hawaii change his outlook on life and work?

I saw both the good and the bad. I also saw the weakness of J-Pop in the world. It is not the power of the work, but the weakness of the connection as a business. This may be the same as the cell phone. Because they were able to manage in the domestic market. The Japanese music industry was hesitant about YouTube and cautious about subscriber distribution. At the time, K-pop was spreading fast because they didn't hesitate to put their music on YouTube. And of course, the works were interesting. Now I can say something plausible and analytical, but back then I myself was hesitant to do anything."

Generally, lyricists and composers receive royalties from CD and karaoke sales in the form of copyright royalties, but they also receive advertising and copyright royalties from YouTube based on the number of views.

On YouTube, the money is not real, but it's a few cents a spin. For example, even if you say you have done 10 million rotations, you will only receive about 100,000 yen. Karaoke now costs 200 to 300 yen per hour and includes a drink. After Corona, I think the absolute number of such customers has also decreased. How can we monetize such a situation? I think the royalties received by authors are about one-tenth to one-twentieth of what they were in their heyday," he said.

Kenshi Yonezu's "KICK BACK" became the first Japanese-language song to receive Gold Disc certification from the Recording Industry Association of America. Tsunku was also honored because of the sampling of "Souda! We're ALIVE," which he wrote, composed, and produced.

I was surprised and very happy to receive the plaque. The recognition in the U.S. was very encouraging," he says.

As a songwriter, he has written more than 2,000 songs, but he says, "When Morning Musume started, I was twice as busy as I am now. Songs didn't just pop up out of nowhere, so I was just working on them almost every day. That was the normal rhythm of my daily life, so I never felt that it was a hardship.

https://encount.press/archives/559338/
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:43 am

There is a new batch of Tsunku LINE STAMPS and it was drawn by illustrator Mizushina
https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/25233933/ja

Tsunku's 4th LINE stamp has been released. Mizushina is in charge of the illustration. This time, it is a version that can be used in English-speaking countries as well. We hope you enjoy the first three stamps as well!
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project