OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) Thread

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:07 pm

oh hey Zorak I missed you.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby teth » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:35 pm

Gatas is going on a break, with a final fan event in March.
http://ameblo.jp/hitomi-yoshizawa0412/e ... 35179.html
teth
Acolyte

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:48 pm

That makes three films (if the untitled Patlabor film is still slated for this year), the continuation of the Patlabor short film series, appearances in two dramas, and a stage play already for Mano in 2015.

Good for her, seriously.
----

JonCC wrote:
[EN] @erina_mano will appear in the movie "Real Onigokko", roadshow on July 11th!
https://twitter.com/UpFrontLink/status/564615686857555968
Based on the novel "Real Onigokko" by Yusuke Yamada (published December 15, 2001 by Bungeisha Publishing Co.,Ltd.). Sion Sono's movie version changes the original story from people with the family name of "Sato" becoming targets to JK (female high school students) becoming targets.
http://asianwiki.com/The_Chasing_World_(Sion_Sono)

There are two other related films from 2006 and 2008.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Jessi » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:07 pm

I feel like Mano has been the most successful platinum era OG (of H!P... Which would be H!P during MMs platinum era).

I actually like her a lot more since she graduated. I was never a huge fan. She seems a lot more sultry and badass. A very different image from her sweet soft like one that she had in H!P.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby erilaz » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:24 pm

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:
JonCC wrote:
[EN] @erina_mano will appear in the movie "Real Onigokko", roadshow on July 11th!
https://twitter.com/UpFrontLink/status/564615686857555968
Based on the novel "Real Onigokko" by Yusuke Yamada (published December 15, 2001 by Bungeisha Publishing Co.,Ltd.). Sion Sono's movie version changes the original story from people with the family name of "Sato" becoming targets to JK (female high school students) becoming targets.
http://asianwiki.com/The_Chasing_World_(Sion_Sono)

If Sion Sono is the director, that means there's a decent chance of a North American DVD release!
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby AyuHikaru » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:04 pm

Mano is doing exactly what she wanted to do and doing it so well she's a pretty decent celebrity. She is easily the biggest H!P name to come out post-Golden Era H!P. Now that H!P is getting popular again, I hope to see more follow in her footsteps.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Starra » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:44 pm

AyuHikaru wrote:She is easily the biggest H!P name to come out post-Golden Era H!P.

Momoko, though. People can hate on Momoko all they want but she's still popular.

Also is Mano really that well-known? I know she's getting good movie deals and stuff, but do people actually know who she is? Not trying to throw shade, just curious.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby forgetmenots » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:44 am

^People might not know her by name, but I think a lot of people know her face. Between all the stuff she's in and some of the promo work she's done. When she was in the KFC Crushers ad, her face was literally everywhere in Japan. Every KFC had that poster and it was up for months.

What I think is most impressive is that Mano's post H!P career is much bigger than her H!P career was. Even most of the Golden-Era girls can't say that.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Mixi » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:53 am

She had made her first steps as an actress when she was in H!P. After My Days for You's release, Erina was already more of an actress than an idol. Kamen Rider started it all. For me, as a fan, it became obvious that she would soon graduate to have a flourishing acting career. She made the right decision and she's more popular now than she ever was in H!P. I wish she would still release singles though.

Conversely, I find it strange that Rika and Yossi haven't found success post-H!P despite their popularity.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby Celedam » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:09 am

^ I figure Rika and Yossie are semi-retired and living their own lives. Yossie is busy with sports and volunteer work, and Rika is probably in a personal relationship of some kind.

---

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project