OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) Thread

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:13 pm

I wasn't around for the 8th generation auditions, but I still like Aika a lot more now than I used to just because it feels like the opportunities she is (sometimes) given now allow her to contribute more to my personal enjoyment of Hello! Project. If they made her up to be a low-key office idol, I would probably follow it. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby erin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:17 pm

I've always loved Aika, that love grew after Texas. <3 I'm looking forward to her hopefully attending more overseas events whenever they happen.
| tumblr |
erin
Acolyte

Postby erilaz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:46 pm

When I went to AX in 2009, I wound up staying on the same floor of the same hotel as Morning Musume。 As I was waiting for the elevator to go down to the lobby around midnight on the last night, the elevator door opened, and there they were! I had been to their autograph session earlier in the day and was wearing a Morning Musume。 t-shirt, but when they stepped out of the elevator, I was dumbfounded. It was Aika who said "hi" first, so she shot up in my esteem right then and there.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby erin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:50 pm

One of the nights I was in Texas for AM, I was just walking back from the food trucks, it legit had to be like 2am and Aika was walking back into the hotel. I was wearing my Morning Musume NYC shirt and she walked over and said hi and asked me how I was doing. It took everything in me not to fangirl. XD
| tumblr |
erin
Acolyte

Postby Starra » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:55 pm

Aika's always seemed like a nice girl and I felt really bad when she had to leave because of her health issues (it should never happen to any idol, regardless of how I actually feel about them). The 8th gen auditions were the first ones I was around for (Aruiteru was the first single I followed from the announcement), and I liked her back then too (I think, lol).

Anyway, it's weird to think that all these ex-MM。members are coming to NZ and liking it here :lol:. Makoto seemed to enjoy it, Aika loves it here, Aichan had a fun time, and Konkon was here for a TV show at the beginning of last year and she said she enjoyed it too. Riho may or may not be here as well (unless it's been stated specifically and I've missed it). It's a shame they're nowhere near where I live/lived, but in a way I'd feel way too selfish stopping them in the middle of the street when they're not even in work mode (except for like, Konkon, but y'know). I know they'd probably appreciate it, but eh :fear:.

Maybe one day MM。/H!P will come to Australia/NZ and I can meet them. But that's very unlikely since it's so far away.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Celedam » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:14 pm

I wonder if they choose New Zealand because it's geographically similar to Japan.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby AyuHikaru » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:29 pm

8th gen was my favorite gen before 10th came in, so while Aika was relatively low on my list, I always had an appreciation for her. It was at AX though that I really learned how great she was. She was so mothery, I'll never forget her trying to keep Koharu focused as Koha got bored with autographs and started pulling a Masaki. She also made my poster slip off the table and was so apologetic while we both laughed. I still have her fingerprint at the top! She was so smiley and so cute in person, I was actually surprised at how cute she was. Aika was the one who made me realize how we really are missing something in translation when it comes to just seeing the girls on TV. I was definitely one of those people who didn't think Aika should have gotten in during the audition (I warmed up to her later when I heard her line in Egao Yes Nude. Iconic.)... until I saw her in person. Once I saw her face to face I UNDERSTOOD why she was picked. Her charm was somewhat lost in video, but showed up full force in person.

Aika in Houston was legendary though. I mean... I got a Selfie with her. I still haven't processed that.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Starra » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:28 am

Celedam wrote:I wonder if they choose New Zealand because it's geographically similar to Japan.

If they're here for studying, it might be that we have good partnership programmes/courses with Japanese universities or something. We seem to have a lot of foreign students from all over the place, and I think it's pretty easy to attend university here -- for some courses anyway.

Plus we have a friendly reputation and such, which might be a factor too.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Mirai » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:42 am

I have an AX '09 story about Aika too. She was so cheery and motherly! What really stood out for me though was when they first came into the panel room and then had to go hide behind the screen while they showed us the video. She peeked her head out and I waved to her (I was in the front row), and she waved back. Her smile was so happy to be there, and I will never forget that. :)
Mirai
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ai Takahashi

Postby rikkikow » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:48 pm

How many supported Aika in H!PS, that is, besides me? :-(
Spoiler: show
ZERO
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Panda-san! Panda-san Power! Panda -san!
rikkikow

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project