OG (Graduated Members) / M-line Club / M-line Music

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: OG (Graduated Members) Thread

Postby Sohee » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:41 am

I enjoyed the performance. Seeing Mari back was amazing ;~; Almost teared up a bit at her sexy beam ;o;
I get that Konno got a lot of lines cause of ~TV Tokyo~ and all but, ouch. >> Too much Konno too little Niigaki.
It was a nice bunch though. But it was also nice to get it reconfirmed that current MM are such better singers.
Also, Tsujiiii. <3
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Zunu » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:03 pm

The Gooch was never a good singer in the first place, but her voice hasn't really gotten any worse, imo. What has changed is that she's older and out of shape. So with all that dancing, by the end of the performance she and a few of the other girls were out of breath and struggling a bit. It was mostly live so you can't really expect studio quality anyway. I think they looked and sounded pretty good, especially considering they're 16+ years older than when those songs first came out.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby erilaz » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:02 pm

AyuHikaru wrote:Eff the haters but I was also ridiculously excited to see Mari again. She was the reason I got into Morning Musume, I always got her back.

Most of my enjoyment of this performance came from seeing her do her signature bits once again. :heart:

Daisuki Daiiyo wrote:Seeing this reminds me again that the main charm of Golden Era MM really was the personalities, and not the singing. :lol:

True dat.

Daisuki Daiiyo wrote:Also, why wasn't Nacchi there? I don't imagine her being terribly busy.

She released a new album last week, so maybe that has something to do with it.

riversong wrote:yossi needs to eat a burger.

I think she looks fantastic. Love the long hair. :love:
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby aerosuffly » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:56 pm

Konkon still have the old feel, and the dance, the lines, everything just came out naturally. Once you are Morning Musume, you are always be for real.
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby himonomusume » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:20 pm

Y'all crazy they sounded fine ...with some exceptions of course :P
But come on you can't say that Yaguchi never been a good singer. Granted that I'm biased :innocent: and I understand if she's not your favorite (and I would agree that she's not the most talented one in H!P history) but remember that she was added to the group in a time where Tsunku wanted girls that could, well you know - actually sing. During the audition he praised her singing, stability and type of voice. Now I personally like her soft singing voice better than her idol-one that she developed but I wouldn't go as far as calling her bad.

If you wanna talk about girls that can't/couldn't sing in this formation I think that Rika, Nono, Konno and Risa are much better examples (though Risa developed ALOT during her years in MM and today I would say she's a good singer ).

I was hoping to see Gocchin again but I understand that she might wanna take it easy being pregnant and all :smile:
himonomusume
Senior Initiate

Postby Panic Nancy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:37 pm

I always thought Yaguchi was one of the better singers. Not one of the very best, but definitely up there. And she's a competent dancer as well. Tbh, I've always thought she was super underrated. This obviously wasn't her greatest performance, but her first line in Love Machine was almost perfect. She's way too breathy, and that can cause her to have intonation problems at times, but at least she doesn't usually push or strain or have a shaky, weak tone production without depth or is constantly off-key when singing harmony or is always singing with a flat tongue and no mask resonance... just some of the many problems that most H!P singers have. :glare:

But I didn't think that anybody sounded that great here, even Aichan. Actually, she sounded surprisingly bad for her. That high note in Love Machine was SO tight, ow. But it seems silly to complain about her singing considering how some of the others sounded, lol.
Panic Nancy
Minion

Postby Starra » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:47 pm

Eh, Mari sounded a lot worse during the whole Dream MM。thing than she ever did when she was actually in MM。. So yeah I feel like her voice has gotten worse, granted I never actually liked it much in the first place.

Well damn, I guess the period where I can actually enjoy OG performances is over. Yuuko will be taking time off for her kids for a while and now that Mari's back (and I've never liked watching her perform because she feels so in-your-face and I'm not a fan of that personally) I care significantly less. Ah well.

That being said, Konkon is still a perfect angel whose voice heals my soul, so I can't complain too much. She was so good (for her okay lol) and got so many lines. And she looked as adorable as ever, too. Konkoooon :love: . I will fight anyone who hates her, she is amazing.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:25 am

I'm so happy they're still blogging and really happy! (especially Cappy, obviously.)
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Reina » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:31 am

Mari doesn't sound that bad...
It's true that she struggled a bit at Happy Summer Wedding, but that was because she is out of breath.
(I sound like that when I perform too D: )
and Mari sounded great during the first 3 songs.

The OGs are in their late 20s to 30s, you can't expect them to sing and dance like their musume era >_>

Overall I really like the performance, they still look and sound good ;w;
and omg Tsuji, she doesn't look like a mother of 3. :notworthy:
おつかれいなー❤
I miss Yanamin...
Reina
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Tanaka Reina

Postby Mirai » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:27 am

I really enjoyed the OG performance. I loved seeing them together again. :heart:
Mirai
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ai Takahashi

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project