[08/02] Ciao Bella Cinquetti - 12th single "High Tension! Wagga Jinsei! / Wadachi"

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Ciao Bella Cinquetti thread - Yurika left on 08/10

Postby Pavlova » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:02 pm

Love this song, not a fan of the lyrics.
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

Postby kikkawame » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:31 pm

AyuHikaru wrote:Uh.. they've had songs like this before or do you not remember Ijiwaru Crazy Love?

One song that sounds like an older song in their discography is "fallen" now apparently.

I do indeed remember 'Ijiwaru crazy love' and that was nothing like this. For a start it featured some delicious funk inspired bass; a nice electronica tone that was crisp, stylish and refreshing. It changed the music up throughout and also had that wonderfully fan service video with the permanent leg display. This new song, on the other hand, features a bland music video, an annoying dubstep beat that does not change at all, no poise and no arrangement that makes it feel as if it was even truly composed.

H!p and UFA have some stunning electronica/dubstep inspired tracks in their back catalogue. Such as Kioku no miero, Ooki Hitomi, Tokaikko Junjou, Heroin ni nraoka (horribly mis-spelt I know), Darlin to Madonna, Suki Sugite baka mitai... All of those in comparison to this showcase the colossal difference. There is nothing wrong with an electronica/dubstep arrangement, but actually bother to put some actual music to it to arrange it! That is why I say they have fallen, coupled with the fact they recently opened for the little known 2& in concert (who, incidentally, is amazing)
Bold, brash, uncensored and unscripted. How I have been all my life, not gonna change now!

http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
http://www.allforyuu.blogspot.com/
kikkawame
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Kikkawa Yuu

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:29 pm

We're going to have to agree to disagree on Ijiwaru, it didn't sound crisp or refreshing. I love that song, but it came out in 2008 and sounded like it came out in 1997. It wasn't really much more than a rando techno track in their discography - which is what this song is. To me, this and Ijiwaru are right in the same wheel house. I do agree Ijiwaru is better but I disagree is sounds like a typical dubstep track (I think Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke from Morning Musume gets that award way more). It's super pop techno radio friendly though. Would actually fit in here in the States.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Solarblade » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:51 pm

I think throwing the word "dubstep" period is a bit off-putting because none of those songs are that...I would say though that the only dubsteppish thing is Doushiyou's bridge, otherwise they're just dance tracks, EDM is a better way to call the two.
Solarblade
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Aarii/Zukki

Postby gustave154 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:59 am

I liked the song cuz it sounds like hello project. Nice beat too
gustave154
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Oda Sakura

Postby BerryzCelebration » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:27 am

I don't remember this being posted, but if so, My apologies. Yurika's last performance with CBC:

http://youtu.be/oFLxfQzACI8

It hurts because at times she sounds like she's about to cry.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Denki » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:51 am

That's my favorite song from their time as "The Possible". It's going to be hard for me seeing them perform the whole song without Yurika singing the second part. :(
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby BerryzCelebration » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:34 pm

I wonder what they're going to do with the second part. It hurts to even think about it. But they'll probably split the verses and that chorus between Kanami and Yuuki so everyone gets a part.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Amped » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:30 pm

Ciao Bella Cinquetti - Ichigo Ichie MV
Amped
High Priest

Postby kikkawame » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:10 am

Welll that is much more like it, somehow they have fused some angsty, almost metalcore beats and guitars with some really soothing melodic guitar on the side, the vocal solos over kick pedal is also a very late 90's punk/grunge touch which is very fitting. Shame the other song appeared, as it is not a patch on this one. More of this please!
Bold, brash, uncensored and unscripted. How I have been all my life, not gonna change now!

http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
http://www.allforyuu.blogspot.com/
kikkawame
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Kikkawa Yuu

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project