[6/8] Morning Musume. '22 71st Single : Chu Chu Chu Bokura no Mirai / Dai・Jinsei Never Been Better!

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [6/8] Morning Musume. '22 71st Single "Chu Chu Chu Bokura no Mirai / Dai Jinsei Never Been Better!"

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri May 20, 2022 3:50 pm

So many people to disagree with in one place, that's fun. ($300,000+ for one 4 minute video has and always will seem like a ridiculous number to me, regardless of the artist in question.)
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Re: [6/8] Morning Musume. '22 71st Single "Chu Chu Chu Bokura no Mirai / Dai Jinsei Never Been Better!"

Postby Zunu » Fri May 20, 2022 5:10 pm

Big budgets mean big risks. Skimping on production costs has helped MM to keep chugging away for 25 years. How many KPOP groups last that long? How many small production companies are able to steadily put out this much top 10 content? While seemingly maintaining a healthy environment for its employees and mostly (since the Elder Club days, anyway) steering clear of raunchy material? Besides, do we really want to see them turn into a carbon copy of a KPOP group? Didn't Avex try that with E-GIRLS, and they burned bright for a while but then flamed out like trendy groups usually do. It might be a bit cringey sometimes, but a little bad CG here, an excess of glitter curtains there.. it's all part of Haropro magic! :heart:

Or as one of the YT comments put it:

一般受けを全くと言っていいほど狙ってない、モーニングらしさやカラーを全面に押し出してるところが最高にかっこいい。

(That they're not even trying to appeal to the general public, and just putting their Morning Musume-ishness and colors all the way out there, that's what's so fucking cool about them!)
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Amped » Fri May 20, 2022 11:00 pm

Morning Musume. '22 new single "Dai Jinsei Never Been Better!" MV (Promotion Edit)

MV Director : Morita Ryo (Junjou Evidence)
Tsunku's Notes
https://note.tsunku.net/n/n754abcff496b?gs=6c2f4ef21ab2
Amped
High Priest

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Fri May 20, 2022 11:44 pm

What an, er, interesting song...!

Very different hook and song.

Everyone looks great, and I'm sure it'll grow on me lol.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Zunu » Sat May 21, 2022 2:04 am

Visually the video kind of struck me like a more aquatically hued Seishun Collection
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Shoujo Q » Sat May 21, 2022 2:58 am

It’s got such a classic Morning sound that I forgot existed outside of their EDM world.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Amped » Sat May 21, 2022 11:59 am

The MV is refreshing with the blue sky and the ocean surrounding them. Everyone looks happy and relaxed. I agree, this reminds me of Seishun Collection. The scribbles are cute. My favorite part is 3:28.

Amped
High Priest

Postby Moh » Sat May 21, 2022 2:28 pm

The MV is cute! Very bright and refreshing. I like this song better overall, though I think it could've been a little faster. :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby yumepin » Sat May 21, 2022 9:26 pm

Zunu wrote:Big budgets mean big risks. Skimping on production costs has helped MM to keep chugging away for 25 years. How many KPOP groups last that long? How many small production companies are able to steadily put out this much top 10 content? While seemingly maintaining a healthy environment for its employees and mostly (since the Elder Club days, anyway) steering clear of raunchy material? Besides, do we really want to see them turn into a carbon copy of a KPOP group? Didn't Avex try that with E-GIRLS, and they burned bright for a while but then flamed out like trendy groups usually do. It might be a bit cringey sometimes, but a little bad CG here, an excess of glitter curtains there.. it's all part of Haropro magic! :heart:

Or as one of the YT comments put it:

一般受けを全くと言っていいほど狙ってない、モーニングらしさやカラーを全面に押し出してるところが最高にかっこいい。

(That they're not even trying to appeal to the general public, and just putting their Morning Musume-ishness and colors all the way out there, that's what's so fucking cool about them!)

I get what people are saying about the cohesiveness in terms of the outfits however I don't think that having cohesive/matching outfits or making a video look less "messy" is K-Pop as the comments are implying. There's plenty of idol groups who do more cohesive costumes than Momusu but don't lose their J-Idolness. Is what they're trying to say is that they want UF to appeal more to the westernized crowd? Which is ridiculous. Sure, I'd like to see less half-jackets during concerts, and we all know there's been room for better styling on occasions but, I'd be sad if sad if they toned down things even more than they already have. I'm saying this as someone who adores the Rainbow Pink outfits. Actually, give me more wackiness, let's reboot Pucchimoni

Also, I love how when a H!P song uses 808s people will rush to the comments going "This is so K-Pop!" as if that means anything
✾: 岸本ゆめの εїз: 橋迫鈴 ❦: 松永里愛 ∞: 島倉りか, 山﨑夢羽 ☁: 横山玲奈 ★: 北原もも 研修生: 松原ユリヤ, 平山遊季 ♥: 工藤遥, 福田花音

コンクリートの向こう側へ
yumepin
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: 岸本ゆめの

Postby rikkikow » Sun May 22, 2022 1:41 am

:flowers: When I first watched this MV, I thought they sure clean up nice. It could make a good TIDE laundry detergent commercial. :smile:
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Panda-san! Panda-san Power! Panda -san!
rikkikow

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project