Ishida Ayumi to graduate from Morning Musume and Hello! Project in Fall 2024.

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Ishida Ayumi to graduate from Morning Musume and Hello! Project in Fall 2024.

Postby BerryzCelebration » Mon May 27, 2024 12:22 am

Announced today.

http://www.helloproject.com/news/17477/

---

Ayumi's message from her blog (translation credit: InfoMusume on Twitter):
"To everyone who has always supported me wholeheartedly, to everyone who watches over me, and to everyone who will read this after hearing the news of my graduation, thank you.

I, Ishida, have decided to graduate!

This is my first time making this announcement, and even though I've written so many blogs and serials, I'm a bit flustered about how to put this into words...
But I have no doubts about my decision. I will graduate from Morning Musume and Hellol Project after the fall tour in 2024.

Since joining Morning Musume as a 10th generation member on September 29, 2011, I've been passionately running through each day, and it's already been 13 years.

From the time I was 14, when I challenged myself to the audition from Miyagi with a desire to stand out and perform on a big stage, my fundamental feelings haven't changed. However, after experiencing many frustrations and stimulating moments, I feel like I've established my own core as a person.

I've always been captivated by the strength, sincerity, and spirit that Morning Musume expresses, and I've continually challenged myself to embody that as a member. Fans have supported me tremendously in this.

Thanks to the words of support that reached me, I enjoy the present moment so much, and my love for the days spent with my comrades has only grown, making these 13 years incredibly precious.

Therefore, I was able to decide to move forward and graduate.

Graduation is one of the dream stages I've always wanted to stand on someday, so right now, I'm also excited about finally making my own announcement.

It's only once in a lifetime, so l wonder what it will be like!

Because the seniors I've seen off, the 10th generation members, and my juniors have all been wonderful, and because there are people who will continue to carry on Morning Musume, I can perceive graduation this way.

Thank you.

The power of your support is truly amazing, and even though I'm only 27 and haven't achieved everything ! want, l've gained enough strength to say that my life is a treasure! I love it! Using what I've learned from the encounters here and the support l've received, my new dream is to create a place where I can give to others and make them feel the way l've felt.

In the remaining time I have as a beloved member of Morning Musume, I will run through it with my soul burning brightly, filled with gratitude for all of you and alongside my cherished comrades.

Please watch over me! Let's enjoy it together!"
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Re: Ishida Ayumi to graduate from Morning Musume and Hello! Project in Fall 2024.

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon May 27, 2024 1:20 am

Whelp, saw the announcement on insta and I mean, did not feel shock or anything. Knew it was coming for months!
This basically ends any connection I have with h!p though, which is sorta sad. Will keep following the new music though!
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Re: Ishida Ayumi to graduate from Morning Musume and Hello! Project in Fall 2024.

Postby Ayin » Mon May 27, 2024 1:49 am

And here I hoped that Eripon would graduate first so that Ayumi would at least be leader for a bit. Now I'm sad
Ayin
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Sengoku Minami

Postby DJChisato1 » Mon May 27, 2024 3:14 am

I knew she'd go before Eripon.
Kinda disappointed it's not a SakuraxAyumi double Grad.
Expected a EriponxAyumi double Grad.
Technically still not too late for either of these 2 scenarios.

Ikuta still remains
DJChisato1
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: YumeRiai

Postby chaosgamma » Mon May 27, 2024 3:29 am

I think if we were likely to get any double grad it'd have been PonPon.

The question now is, is Ayumi going stay long enough to beat Nakazawa as the oldest Musume ever?
chaosgamma
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: YumeRiai

Postby Celedam » Mon May 27, 2024 3:51 am

chaosgamma wrote:The question now is, is Ayumi going stay long enough to beat Nakazawa as the oldest Musume ever?

It will be about a month short of 28 for both of them, so it really could be a matter of days depending on the autumn tour schedule.

Anyhow, I was going to say the position of leader will probably jump to Nonaka, because she's obviously preparing for it. But then I realized she also turns 25 this year and wouldn't have much of a tenure.

Makino isn't suited to it, either. She's better known as a solo talent (gravure model, baseball supporter/commentator) than as a member of the group.

So, Haga 2025?
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Ayin » Mon May 27, 2024 5:12 am

Celedam wrote:It will be about a month short of 28 for both of them, so it really could be a matter of days depending on the autumn tour schedule.

Don't these usually end in november, the actual graduation show being in middle/late november? Or will it still be a matter of days depending on this?
Ayin
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Sengoku Minami

Postby tadase » Mon May 27, 2024 5:22 am

Kind of figured out either Ayumi or Sakura will say goodbye since if it would be Eripon, Morning Musume will do an ANGERME and place Ayumi to the leadership so they can prepare for Ikuta's graduation.

I guess it's a good way to say that Morning Musume will release a single in Q4 2024, and the release is finally set in stone because it's a graduation single.

BUT. Does UFP really need to justify that someone needs to graduate so Morning Musume can release something? Like really, we're now kind of back to normal after the pandemic, and we still get one single a year for Morning Musume? Everyone else seems to be on track to do two releases this year, only Morning Musume has not announced anything yet and it's already June in a few days.
tadase
Initiate

Postby Celedam » Mon May 27, 2024 5:45 am

Ayin wrote:
Celedam wrote:It will be about a month short of 28 for both of them, so it really could be a matter of days depending on the autumn tour schedule.

Don't these usually end in november, the actual graduation show being in middle/late november? Or will it still be a matter of days depending on this?

Nakazawa graduated 34 days before her 28th birthday.

Therefore, Ishida would need to last until December 5 (i.e., 33 days before January 7) to be the oldest.

Most of the autumn tour finales in recent years have been later than that, including the graduations of Sato (December 13, 2021) and Kaga (December 10, 2022).

Fukumura's graduation last year was unusually early, probably due to it being at Yokohama Arena instead of Nippon Budokan.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Denki » Mon May 27, 2024 7:48 am

I did expected someone to graduate before Eripon since being leader has been one of her goals in recent years. No way she’d pull a Niigaki or Niinuma when she truly desired the role.

Out of Ayumin and Sakura, Ayumin was at a more stagnant position. What’s more to show within Hello! Project? She’s already showed us her amazing dance ability and personality, but the former could improve and diversify outside of H!P. Needless to say, I will truly miss her when the time comes. :crying:

As for Haga becoming a future leader, I think that was one of her initial goals when she first joined the group. Not sure if that’s still on her mind considering the fact that 12ki joined almost 10 years ago!
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Next

Return to Hello! Project